cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: ERROR: Please enter valid captcha

Marian_Hankey
Joining in

I am also getting the same error, I am unable to create my online account. Because I can't set up my online I can't sort out getting my phoneline up and working which I'm paying for and is dead, sort out I have a email confirming a £37 a month deal and Virgin is charging me £55 a month, and I can't even move to paperless billing. Trying to call is pointless as I have not got my account set up, so no one will talk to me.

5 REPLIES 5

Kain_W
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Really sorry about that Marian_Hankey,

You should still be able to contact our team regardless of registering for MyVM.

Can I ask firstly whether you are facing the issue on all browsers?

Also with regard to the landline, has that recently stopped working? 

Finally with regard to billing, how do you receive your bills?

Thanks,

Kain

Good Morning,

To update you, I have managed at the 3rd attempt to get someone in a call centre to pass the issue of the Error message on to the IT dept. Apparently I will be getting a call back this afternoon. If this is the case I am hoping that I can sort this mess out over the phone today. If I can't I will contact you again for further assistance.

Regards

Marian

Thanks for the update @Marian_Hankey,

We'll be here to assist you if required after the update has been issued

Kindest regards,

David_Bn

Hello David,

It has been two weeks and the tech team have still been unable to fix the problem, and the call back I was due on Friday I never received.

I have two main issues, the first one is that I am unable to access my online account. This is due, as far as I am aware, to my current email being used on my old virgin account. When I am trying to set up my new Virgin account, your system sees my (still the same) email address as an existing account and won't allow me to set up a new account, and just sends me around in circles. I have thought to use a different email address, either the default virgin email provided to me, or my business email, but it keep asking me for the email I used to set up the account, which circles back to the clash of old and new accounts. The solution is I assume to reset the account under a different email, or to remove traces of my old account?

In addition, which I am still haven't begun to sort out as I was trying to deal with setting up my account first, is my agreed package, with I negotiated with the retentions team. It was for broadband and landline for £37 on an 18month deal negotiated in November and confirmed by email. I currently have broadband only and my landline has never been set up and is currently dead.

Can you assist in both matters?

Regards

Marian

Hi @Marian_Hankey,

Thank you for coming back to us about your ongoing issue. Sorry to hear that this is still something that you're working through and that our IT team was unable to resolve. 

I'll be more than happy to look into this further for you, so please keep an eye out for a purple envelope at the top right of your Forum page. I will send you a Private Message, so keep an eye out for that envelope.

I'll be able to assist you on your online account issue and do my best to help in regards to your landline.

Thank you.

Paulina_Z
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs