cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: Default Removal

MoCharlie
Joining in

Hi John,

I have a very similar situation to @Ajw1 and was hoping you could assist me in resolving this matter as you did with the previous member. 

Thanks,

Mo

6 REPLIES 6

japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

@MoCharlie 

Rather than add onto someone else's thread, please explain the issues you have in a new thread.

I've moved your post into that new thread. Just "reply" to this one.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

Beth_G
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi Mo,

Thanks for your post. Can you please expand a little further on the situation so we can help you? I'm afraid as your post has been delinked from another thread, we're unable to see anymore context to the issue.

Have you tried speaking to our Credit File Amendments Team at creditfileamendments@virginmedia.co.uk?

Thanks

Beth

Hi Beth,

I moved abroad for a short period of time and had a virgin internet account which I tried to close. At the time I was told the account would be transferred over to a family members name as this would be a better option than cancelling. 

However this doesn't seem to have happened and an outstanding charge was on the account which I was told had been settled. Upon my return to England I contacted virgin media multiple times to settle the account but was told someone would always call me back as there was an issue with the account. 

No representative called me and now I have a default credit account marker against my credit file. I am more than happy to pay this fine but believe the credit marker was unfair as I made attempts to pay but virgin never called back. 

are you able to assist me in getting this removed (not marked as settled) as it has prevented me from getting a mortgage.  

Thanks,

Mo

japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

When was it that you moved abroad and were offered what is known as a TOR (transfer of responsibility)? I ask because these were stopped a couple of years back for all circumstances except bereavements. That may partly explain how this has come about.

You mention paying the "fine", but if you want the default removed that's the last thing to do. That will just marked it as settled, and your credit file will tell the story of an outstanding debt for however long, that you accepted and paid late.

If you believe the alleged debt to be invalid, then that's what you should argue for - evidencing your case to the credit file address mentioned in the post above.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

Thank you Japitts,

Thats exactly what I was told but it seems that the person they transferred it to had it running for a month before a whole new account was opened on their name. 

that being said I totally understand how there is a debt of a months internet that virgin provided outstanding but I don’t understand why they have marked me for it. I have tried to contact support service on the correct email but they are refusing to help/confirm the marker will be removed or marked as settled until the debt is cleared. 

thanks. 

Hi MoCharlie,

Thanks so much for coming back to us with this information.

If there is still an outstanding balance that needs to be settled, I'm afraid that we won't be able to help with this from here as we cannot take payments over the forums. For this, you'd either need to try calling us again on 0345 454 1111 / 150 or messaging us on Whatsapp on +447305 327 112.

Everything Japitts has advised is correct - even once the balance has been cleared, it would still show as a late payment on your file I'm afraid. For help with this, you would need to speak with the Credit File Amendments Team as detailed above.

Thank you

Beth