cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: Damaged box

ScifiFan11
Tuning in

Hiya,   I've had messages to say Virgin have been fixing issues in my local area. This morning I noticed the white box outside my house now was ajar so I tried to close it again but it won't close .. its right out the front of the house which gets a lot of rain. Is this dangerous with all the wires etc inside? Any help greatly appreciated. Thanks  😊 

6 REPLIES 6

japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Can you post a picture of this cabinet and/or provide some location details? (postcode/street address or what3words)

Open street cabinets can be reported using 0330 3330444

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

So sorry, thought I had attached a pic. Have definitely attached it now 🙂 as you can see its just open but it absolutely will not close and it will get hammered whenever there's rain and I'm just a bit worried it will cause electric problems. 

Hi @ScifiFan11 

Welcome back to our community forums and thank you for flagging this issue to us. We can understand your concern and we want to best help. Unfortunately, I am unable to see the picture of the attached box. Are you able to send this again here on the forums so we can best assess the issue and help?

Thanks,

Akua_A
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs

goslow
Alessandro Volta

@ScifiFan11 wrote:

Hiya,   I've had messages to say Virgin have been fixing issues in my local area. This morning I noticed the white box outside my house now was ajar so I tried to close it again but it won't close .. its right out the front of the house which gets a lot of rain. Is this dangerous with all the wires etc inside? Any help greatly appreciated. Thanks  😊 

Assuming you are referring to a cabinet in the street ...

Report in this section of the forum below with a pic and the requested info

https://community.virginmedia.com/t5/Digital-life/How-to-report-damage-to-street-equipment/ba-p/4151...

Screenshot_20230512_214725_Photos~2.jpg

So sorry.. think I've managed it this time. Can you see it okay? Thanks so much 🙂

Hi @ScifiFan11,

Thank you for that. It shouldn't cause any issues if it's only slightly ajar and it's at the very bottom too. However, I'm going to send you a private message in a few moments to see what we can do for you.

Please respond to this when you can and we'll proceed from there with this.

Thanks,

Zach - Forum Team
New around here? To find out more about the Community Forums, take a look at our FAQs!