cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: DEF01 Error When Registering Account

Marion52
Tuning in

I have the same issue @Tom_W1

I am not a new user, I have been with Virgin for many many years, my email stopped working on 17th May asks for a password and the DEF01 error code occurs

6 REPLIES 6

John_GS
Forum Team
Forum Team

Good morning, Marion52

Thanks for posting and welcome to the community.

Sorry to hear of this happening. Which website link are you using please? - https://my.virginmedia.com/my-profile/view or http://www.virginmedia.com/my-virgin-media/account-settings/details

Best,

John_GS
Forum Team

Need a helpful hand to show you how to make a payment? Check out our guide - How to pay my Virgin Media bill

@John_GS

If I use either of the links below it asks for my DOB and security question, I enter those details and nothing happens 

Please don't send a PM unless asked to send one. 

This sounds like you've already got an online account. Can you clear cache/cookies for me and try again?

Kind regards,

John_GS
Forum Team

Need a helpful hand to show you how to make a payment? Check out our guide - How to pay my Virgin Media bill

@John_GS

cache etc cleared, still no luck

Natalie_L
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Thank you for your reply Marion52.

Can you please try using another browser to open the link, having spoken to other people experiencing an issue, Chrome and Edge seems to be working.

Please let us know how you get on. 

Thanks 

Nat

Anonymous
Not applicable

"Chrome and Edge seems to be working"

Why state such bare faced lies as this?  A quick browse through the topics in this section of the forum shows you that it's blatantly not a browser (or indeed cache clearing issues).  All the deflection and lies from VM "customer services" is really unnecessary, please just find out from IT if/when the issues are going to be resolved, or just admit to your customers that these DEF01 errors are things your tech teams aren't able to fix.