Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: Credit file

Hyounis
Joining in

Hi 
I have sent an email on the 23rd November but not had a reply 

Hope you are well

I have been in touch with one of your colleague today regarding the old account which was still in my name.
As far as I knew my account should have been closed down and the account should have changed into my sisters name as I have moved out the property. 
As they had changed the services to BT who agreed to pay for the final bill 
I have just only found out the account is still in my name and therefore has put a mark on my name which I wish for you to remove. The account should have been put into my sister's name which I was advised would happen but you college failed to put this into her name and left a marker on my name 
this has impeded me so much financially. 

6 REPLIES 6

Paulina_Z
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi @Hyounis,

Welcome to our Community Forums! Thank you for your first post and I'm sorry to hear that you're having some issues with your Former account! 

Sorry that you've not had a response from our team! I'll be more than happy to look into this further for you and see what I can do to help. 🙂

I'll send you a Private Message to confirm a few details. Please keep an eye out for a purple envelope at the top right corner of your Forum page. I'll be in touch soon.

Thanks! 🙂

Paulina_Z
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs

Hi 

I have replied back to the questions you have asked 

can I please get an update 

Paulina_Z
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi @Hyounis,

Thank you for coming back to me via Private Messages! I'm glad that I've been able to assist with your query.

If you need any additional help or assistance, please get back in touch. We're here to help. 🙂

Thanks! 

Paulina_Z
Forum Team

Thank you so much getting this matter resolved for me 

l will keep an eye on this for the next 28 days to see if this matter is updated 

Paulina_Z
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi @Hyounis,

No problem at all! Keep us updated and let us know if you need any further help.

Thank you! 🙂

Paulina_Z
Forum Team

@Hyounis wrote:

Thank you so much getting this matter resolved for me 

l will keep an eye on this for the next 28 days to see if this matter is updated 

Yes do keep an eye on it, because I'm not 100% sure that this has actually been sorted out!

You seem to be asking for a transfer of authority for a VM account, ie someone else takes over responsibility for the account, payments, contacting customer services etc? No?

In fact this hasn't been possible for some time, in the past VM did allow it but now, other than in the case of the death of the account holder, this simply can't be done. I do suspect that you have been lied to misled by whoever you spoke to on the customer services team, as they simply didn't know the answer and said whatever you wanted to hear! Still; got you off the phone and they chalk up another successfully closed call, so not all bad!

Bottom line, I think you are still legally responsible for that contract, despite assurances, I don't think it has been transferred and removed you from any responsibility.

On the other hand, maybe it has been done, well that raises another issue, there are quite a few threads on here where a member of the forum team, who are VM< employees has outright stated that such a transfer of authority can't be done now, so someone's misinformed, or mistaken, or outright lying, no?