cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: Contract, contact amongst other issues

steviejones133
On our wavelength

I’m having MAJOR issues also trying to contact VM.

Our services went live on Friday 10th June. Prior to this, we were told that a certain channel we wanted would be included - upon installation and after the engineer left, we soon discovered that this channel was NOT available and the TT guide said “call to subscribe”

Initially, as there was an option to live chat via WhatsApp, I chose that option. Agent told me not to worry, channel would be activated if I phoned the next day. I’d spent 3 hours on live chat by this point.

So I phoned the next day, was told by the agent to turn my box off and unplug it and he would activate the channel. This did not work and I was told by the phone agent to go back to live chat!

I did that - another few hours - and guess what, I was told to phone instead of chat as they couldn’t do it!

Phoned back (after getting cut of several times after being on the phone for several hours) and got through ti an agent who said he was going to activate a lifestyle pack and add add a recurring credit to our account so it didn’t cost anything as we were promised this via live chat……got cut off again!

Back to live chat, same rubbish about how I had to phone so I spent 3 hours on the phone trying to cancel everything and go back ti sky. Each time being cut off after an hour on hold.

Tried again via chat - 4 hours of WhatsApp messaging resulting in a disconnected chat after waiting all day for some kind of resolution.

WHAT WAS I THINKING! 

I’ve spent practically 2 days trying ti resolve this, getting cut off, being told lies and false promises, one person saying one thing, another saying it’s incorrect.

This is probably the worst customer experience I’ve had and I’ve only been with virgin for a few days!

I hope that someone can reach out to me because this is beyond being funny when I can’t even contact VM to cancel my services and go back to sky!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

newapollo
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Hi Steve and Patricia,

Many thanks for updating the thread.

I'm pleased to see that you've reach an amiable solution via the Forum Team.

If you do have any future problems, or even any questions please make use of the forums again.

Stay safe and take care.

Dave
I don't work for Virgin Media.
I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge.
Problem solved? Click to mark as a Helpful Answer, or use Kudos to say thanks
The do's and don'ts.
Keep the community welcoming for all. Please read the FAQ's
The Service you do for others is the rent you pay for your room here on Earth - Muhammad Ali

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

44 REPLIES 44

jpeg1
Alessandro Volta

@steviejones133 wrote:

This is probably the worst customer experience I’ve had and I’ve only been with virgin for a few days!

I hope that someone can reach out to me because this is beyond being funny when I can’t even contact VM to cancel my services and go back to sky!

Welcome to VM's customer 'service'. Unfortunately your experience is the usual one, and if you decide to stay you will just have to get used toi it.

If you do choose to leave within the 14 day period, the most reliable method is in writing to the address in your contract. Use recorded delivery.

- jpeg1
My name is NOT Alessandro. That's just a tag Virginmedia sticks on some contributors. Please ignore it.

What a surprise that my thread has been shoved off to somewhere else, no doubt into the depths where no one from VM will respond

newapollo
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

@steviejones133 

Your post was moved here, rather than tagging onto somebody elses post which has already been resolved.

This forum is for account issues, which you have, and it also has a quicker response time than the Volt Forum.

The Forum Team may be able to help with the missing channel, however they can't deal with cancellations or regrades.

As you've sadly discovered replies from the the text service and whats app aren't instant, around 4 to 6 hours at times, as telephone calls take priority dependent upon staffing availability and call queues.

If phoning then the best time to call is at 8am when lines first open to avoid call queues. Speak to Retentions option 4 (thinking of leaving us) apart from dealing with cancellations they should also be able to help with the missing channel.

If you want to cancel within your 14 day cooling off period you can do so by completing the cancellation form you have been given as part of your welcome pack, or you can also write to them to as per the terms-and-conditions 

If writing make sure you sign it and send it by registered (signed for) post to Virgin Media Sunderland SR43 4AA

Dave
The do's and don'ts.
The Service you do for others is the rent you pay for your room here on Earth - Muhammad Ali

Thanks Dave for the explanation. I’m just at my wits end already after only 2 days of being with VM. I hope someone can reach out and sort my channel issue because I hate being lied to multiple times over and then being constantly ignored and cut off…..

newapollo
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

@steviejones133 wrote:

Phoned back (after getting cut of several times after being on the phone for several hours) and got through ti an agent who said he was going to activate a lifestyle pack and add add a recurring credit to our account so it didn’t cost anything as we were promised this via live chat……got cut off again!

Hi again @steviejones133 

Please can you let us know which channel it is that you are missing?  It may save time for Forum Staff.

I must admit I'm a little bit perplexed by the part I've highlighted in bold, as VM don't have a lifestyle pack.

VM do have Personal Picks which can be added for an extra £7 per month. If the channel you've been promised is one of them, you would also get the other additional channels in that pick (and hopefully the recurring credit you where promised)

Dave
The do's and don'ts.

Hi Dave, the channel is 167 “TLC” - this was a free to air channel whilst we with sky, my 74 yr old mum loves to watch it with the guff on it, not Me!. I’ve been repeatedly told this is part of a lifestyle pack add on at an additional cost of £5 a month which is bonkers.

So far, after 2 days and constant phone calls and WhatsApp  chats trying to resolve this is frustrating 

newapollo
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Hi again @steviejones133 

Yeah, it's part of the Entertainment & Lifestyle Personal Pick add on.

As to pricing, you will need a £7 rolling credit adding to your account.

The Kids Personal Pick add on is £5 a month.  With the other Personal Picks, the first one you add is an extra £7 a month, any additional ones are an extra £5 a month. 

Here's a screenshot list of the Entertainment & Lifestyle Personal Pick channels (you will get all the channels and not just TLC) once agreed with the VM agent.

Entertainment & Lifestyle Personal PickEntertainment & Lifestyle Personal Pick

Dave
The do's and don'ts.

Hey @steviejones133, thank you for reaching out and a warm welcome the community. I am sorry to hear about this mix up with the channels.

So unfortunately as @newapollo as mentioned this channel is not free and its part of the Entertainment & Lifestyle Personal Pick which is priced at an extra £5.

I would like to look into this personally to see what's has been done for you as you mentioned someone offered you a credit for this channel?

Please can you look our for a purple envelope, as I am going to send you a PM. Thanks 

Matt - Forum Team

New around here?

Thanks guys, I’ve replied to the PM.

I’ve given up on the idea of telephoning as each time I just get elevator music for an hour and then get disconnected. WhatsApp chat is also useless - yesterday started a chat at 2pm, a few basic messages and then nothing after 6pm. Got a message this morning again asking if I wanted to continue - yes. Then message saying a 24hr wait for an agent!!