cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: Complaints

miffed1200
Tuning in

I'm in exactly the same position. Have been lied to and duped over the past four months. I've rejected an insulting offer of compensation and requested a deadlock letter on 19 October. I also asked for their conditions for loss of service as I was refused any compensation despite having no broadband service for over two months. Since then, nothing. Did you ever get a resolution to your issue? 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Steven_L
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hey @miffed1200,

Welcome to the community and thanks for taking the time to post here on the forums.
I’m sorry to hear of the problems that you're having trying to get your complaint resolved. Did you receive the deadlock letter on the 19th or any communication earlier than that stating that you could take your complaint to Cisas to be investigated?

Kind Regards,

Steven_L

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

13 REPLIES 13

japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

The T&Cs for automatic compensation are at https://www.virginmedia.com/help/billing-and-payments/automatic-compensation 

When was your complaint opened? If it's gone more than 8 weeks unresolved then you don't need a deadlock letter.

https://www.virginmedia.com/legal/consumer-complaint-resolution-code-practice under "independent adjudication" or https://www.cedr.com/consumer/cisas/complainnow/ 

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

Steven_L
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hey @miffed1200,

Welcome to the community and thanks for taking the time to post here on the forums.
I’m sorry to hear of the problems that you're having trying to get your complaint resolved. Did you receive the deadlock letter on the 19th or any communication earlier than that stating that you could take your complaint to Cisas to be investigated?

Kind Regards,

Steven_L

No.

To be fair you wouldn't expect anything better from VM.  Legally of course, VM should immediately offer a deadlock letter (see section 11, page 51 of this).  But keep on with the process, with a view to grinding VM through the meat mincer at CISAS.

I have no more energy left for this, but will persevere with CISAS. Hours of my life I'll never get back. It's the lies that get to me most. And being treated like an idiot. 

Hi there @miffed1200

Thank you for popping back to us and I am so sorry to hear that you have not yet received your deadlock letter.

I will pop you a PM now so I can look into this for you, please keep an eye out for the purple envelope in the top right corner of your screen alerting you to a new message. 

Thank you. 

Really? You're going to try to fix this now? I've been through this rigmarole numerous times since June. I've been lied to on a regular basis. I'm not wasting my time anymore. I've been treated appallingly throughout this debacle. So, no. I won't be giving you any further chances to redeem yourselves.

I requested a deadlock letter on 19 October. Nothing has been forthcoming. You assured me I would be compensated for loss of service. This has been rejected. I have asked what constitutes loss of service, because I'm pretty sure no broadband for two months qualifies. I've heard nothing since. I'm not explaining my grievance again. But I will continue to highlight the atrocious way I've been treated.

Hi there @miffed1200

I have offered to look into this with you via the PM, but as of yet you have not wanted to do so.

If you change your mind and would like me to take a look for you I would be happy to just pop me a message back confirming the security questions and we can continue to investigate.

Thanks again.