cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Rang up about TiVo V6 pixelating

AdiW
Tuning in

As "subject". They informed I will be upgraded to 1tb and new HUB 4.0, no extra cost etc. They then asked me if I would like SIM, all unlimited everything, no extra cost to my "bundle". I agreed. He said you will get messages stating it will cost £25.00, just ignore these, as it's part of your bundle/package.

Not longer after, I received messages from O2 stating my next bill will be 6th Nov and it will be £25.

Pretty annoyed about this. Not only that, when contacting VM CS. Kept waiting for ages. "Raffy", on live chat, basically left me waiting, after he'd said he needs to check something, and would be back shortly. Waste of an evening. 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Engineer has been out and replaced internal cable and connection points. Been ok since.

So happy with the speed of the fallout etc.

Annoyeded about the "free, no charge SIM", and being put through to different dept and left hanging, on live chat, last night.

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

15 REPLIES 15

Zach_R
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi @AdiW,

Thank you for your post and welcome back to our community forums. We're here to help.

In regards to the price that you mentioned, I'm sorry about this, but from what you've explained my colleague informed you that you may get the messages you received in advance and to ignore them. Is that correct?

As for the pixelating TV service quality in your subject title, is that what the new equipment/upgrade was arranged for? When was this discussed? Has the new equipment arrived yet?

Thanks,

Zach - Forum Team
New around here? To find out more about the Community Forums, take a look at our FAQs!

Hi 

Correct. Technically he was right about my VM bundle monthly not changing, but failed to tell me I would be billed £25 by O2. 

Engineer has been out and replaced internal cable and connection points. Been ok since.

So happy with the speed of the fallout etc.

Annoyeded about the "free, no charge SIM", and being put through to different dept and left hanging, on live chat, last night.

Message from 02

"Hi I am the manager on the floor and thank you for your time and patience on this chat. We have disconnected the account and will be done within next 24 hours. You will incur charges for the days services active.

Now because you were mis-informed by Virgin and you bought this contract online we did not have an opportunity to explain you how it works and what charges you would incur.

So I would request you to speak to Virgin as they would be able to take the complaint as incorrect information was shared by them. 

Please let us know if you have already spoken to the Virgin Media team about it?"

I'd better not be charged. I didn't ask for the SIM, and wouldn't had yes, if I had to pay for it, as I don't need it. I'm with Vodafone 

@Zach_R wrote:

Hi @AdiW,

Thank you for your post and welcome back to our community forums. We're here to help.

In regards to the price that you mentioned, I'm sorry about this, but from what you've explained my colleague informed you that you may get the messages you received in advance and to ignore them. Is that correct?

As for the pixelating TV service quality in your subject title, is that what the new equipment/upgrade was arranged for? When was this discussed? Has the new equipment arrived yet?

Thanks,

New Hub 4.0 installed and working, although 5g dropped off this morning

Hi AdiW

We would not advise to split the SSID's in the settings, as the WiFi should pick the best channel for your device to use.

Best,

John_GS
Forum Team

Need a helpful hand to show you how to make a payment? Check out our guide - How to pay my Virgin Media bill

Ok thanks.

My main issue is with this sim, that I was offered and told it wouldn't cost anything...😡

Thanks for coming back to us.

Are you on the OOMPH bundle? 

Kind regards,

John_GS
Forum Team

Need a helpful hand to show you how to make a payment? Check out our guide - How to pay my Virgin Media bill

japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

@AdiW wrote:

As "subject". They informed I will be upgraded to 1tb and new HUB 4.0

If you have a V6 box, they're 1Tb as standard. I suspect you may have been converted to the 360 software, which is substantially different to TiVo/V6 and not the same at all.

You may want to check what you have, and what you've accepted.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks