cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Raising a complaint

LB_2022
On our wavelength

Twice I have now raised a complaint with Virgin Media. 

Neither of these complaints have been received, I have not had any confirmation these complaints have been even delivered. 

What has happened to this company? Been a loyal customer for over 10+ years and now I’ve had more than enough. 

15 REPLIES 15

Andrew-G
Alessandro Volta

This thread might help.

In terms of what's happened to the company, complaint handling has been offshored to some forsaken low wage part of the globe, because the company think that works better for them.  The UK based forum staff are a glimmer of light in the stygian gloom of VM's customer service and complaints woes, so give them a chance (but don't forget to complain about the ignored complaints to Ofcom - it's not simply a matter of service, proper complaint handling is regulatory obligation which VM have been ignoring for a while now).  

LB_2022
On our wavelength

As expected, my second complaint hasn’t been received/acknowledged and £120 taken from my account. Will be leaving them now. Shame really. 

Andrew-G
Alessandro Volta

Phone CISAS on Monday or Tuesday, ask them for advice.

If you've got an acknowledged complaint over 8 weeks old, then CISAS can investigate and sort it out for you.  If the complaints to VM are simply vanishing due the company's wretched incompetence, then CISAS may still be able to take on the complaint, since VM are in breach of their own code of practice, and indeed of the Ofcom complaints code (page 50 of this).  That failure to handle complaints competently should also be taken into account by CISAS when deciding on a suitable outcome.

But you've got to hand it to VM for comedy gold - first paragraph of the VM complaints code, "It’s really important to us at Virgin Media to always give you the best customer service possible. So, if you ever feel we’ve fallen short of this, please let us know. We’d love to work with you to put things right and we’ll always try to use your feedback to improve things for other customers as well."

LB_2022
On our wavelength

Love that, let us know if we’ve fallen short… HOW?? When customer complaints aren’t being submitted / received. So angry with them. 

Now they have screwed with my account again as I’m not getting all my Netflix shows. I’ve no idea how they’ve managed that one. 😡

Hey @LB_2022,

Welcome back to the community and thanks for taking the time to post.

I'm sorry to hear of the issues that you're having with your billing and trying to raise your complaint, I can get this looked into further for you and get your complaint raised but would need to confirm a few details via private message, please look out for my message and we can get started. 

Also Virgin Media dont control any of the content that you see on Netflix, if you have any issues with the content, you would need to take that part up with Netflix directly. 
Kind Regards,
Steven_L

LB_2022
On our wavelength

Hi everyone,

I raised a complaint with VM which was ignored till I came to these forums. I was being dealt with by Steven_L from the team here (who apparently I’m not allowed to DM even though he’s been dealing with my complaint) on reference C-231022434.

I’m trying to find out what’s happening to my £60 refund I was meant to receive? It’s still not shown up in my account. This has been since October from when I moved into my property in August. Why am I still having to make contact to sort this out!

LB_2022
On our wavelength

Hi everyone,

I raised a complaint with VM which was ignored till I came to these forums. I was being dealt with by Steven_L from the team here (who apparently I’m not allowed to DM even though he’s been dealing with my complaint) on reference C-231022434.

I’m trying to find out what’s happening to my £60 refund I was meant to receive? It’s still not shown up in my account. This has been since October from when I moved into my property in August. Why am I still having to make contact to sort this out!

goslow
Alessandro Volta

@LB_2022 wrote:

Hi everyone,

Without going back through your past posts, if you have an unresolved VM complaint older than 8 weeks you can take your complaint to 'Ombudsman Services' for independent arbitration.

https://www.ombudsman-services.org/

LB_2022
On our wavelength

My complaint was resolved initially after many emails. Now I’m waiting months for the credit to be added to my account.