cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Question regarding price increase - Help appreciated.

SaitenMar
On our wavelength

Hi folks, 

So this morning I received an email telling me my monthly contract is to go up in cost. I only redid my contract in October of last year. When talking to the VM representative regarding the contract I asked specifically if the monthly fee would stay the same over the length of the contract and was told it would. Less than five months into my new contract I'm getting a price increase, one that I'll find difficult to afford. To say I'm far from pleased is an understatement, especially as I've been having some wifi issues over the past few weeks. So I need to know what options I have available to me, so early into my contract. Can I cancel the contract and move elsewhere or am I just screwed?

I have a disability so having access to the internet is essential for me, so you can probably imagine that this is worrying me. I'm frustrated that the representative told me something which clearly wasn't true. 

I'd really appreciate some advice.
Thanks. 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

John_GS
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi @SaitenMar 

Thanks for posting and welcome back to the community.

Many of our customers who join us take promotional offers for a period of time which will be fully honoured. These customers will all receive a price rise communication, but the 2023 price rise won’t be applied until after their offer price promotion ends. The communication from us will explain this. 
I was sorry to read you're experiencing WiFi issues. 

I have done a system check and there's no outages/issues showing. 

Please can you use the Connect App 👉 https://www.virginmedia.com/broadband/connect-app - when downloaded, you'll be able to run a wireless scan in the property. This will check and identify any coverage blackspot areas. It'll optimise them where possible and if any Pods are needed, you'll be prompted to order.

Best wishes,

John_GS
Forum Team

Need a helpful hand to show you how to make a payment? Check out our guide - How to pay my Virgin Media bill

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

4 REPLIES 4

Ernie_C
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

As should be explained in the email, you can cancel without any early disconnection fees or re-negotiate a different bundle/price.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

John_GS
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi @SaitenMar 

Thanks for posting and welcome back to the community.

Many of our customers who join us take promotional offers for a period of time which will be fully honoured. These customers will all receive a price rise communication, but the 2023 price rise won’t be applied until after their offer price promotion ends. The communication from us will explain this. 
I was sorry to read you're experiencing WiFi issues. 

I have done a system check and there's no outages/issues showing. 

Please can you use the Connect App 👉 https://www.virginmedia.com/broadband/connect-app - when downloaded, you'll be able to run a wireless scan in the property. This will check and identify any coverage blackspot areas. It'll optimise them where possible and if any Pods are needed, you'll be prompted to order.

Best wishes,

John_GS
Forum Team

Need a helpful hand to show you how to make a payment? Check out our guide - How to pay my Virgin Media bill

SaitenMar
On our wavelength

Thanks for the quick replies. 

I've checked my contract and it does state that I have a promotional offer of a discount until 2nd April 2024. Is this what you are referring to? In that case does the price increase only affect me once my contract runs out in 2024?

I'll check out the app you mentioned, the issue with the wifi is that it just doesn't seem to be functioning every few days and I need to reset everything for it to work again. I have already created a thread on this and been advised that if the issue remains I'm to contact support. 

Thanks again. 

I will send you a PM to confirm the details for you. 

Do try the Connect app though still 🙂

Kind regards,

John_GS
Forum Team