Menu
Highlighted
Sawdustmaker
Joining in
Message 1 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Question from newby. Was told I would not have to pay anymore to my old supplier, as Virgin would pay

I was told by 'Jay' one of Virgin's sales force that if I changed from BT to Virgin, then Virgin would pay up to £100 and I wouldn't have to make anymore payments to BT. Imagine my surprise when I saw that BT have taken £63 from my account 3 weeks after signing up. Does anyone have any idea how I may claim this money back.

Thanks for any help to be given

0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 2 of 4
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Re: Question from newby. Was told I would not have to pay anymore to my old supplier, as Virgin would pay

It sounds like you’re still a BT customer, Virginmedia can contact another supplier to cancel for some things (phone so they can transfer your number & I think broadband), if you had/have TV with BT then you will have had to cancel that yourself. If you have written proof that CS promised to cancel everything then you can contact complaints: http://store.virginmedia.com/content/dam/eSales/Downloads/Consumer%20Complaint%20Code%20of%20Practic...

You will have to cancel with BT to ensure no further monies are taken - you may have to give 30 days’ notice to cancel.

Virginia/Doctor9fan. If I have helped please give me Kudos.
Sawdustmaker
Joining in
Message 3 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Re: Question from newby. Was told I would not have to pay anymore to my old supplier, as Virgin would pay

I have now been with Virgin Media for 3 months and yet again the fraudulent selling practices are showing up. When the original conman (sorry salesperson) spoke to me on the phone to give me 3 months free Sky movies, he said that as I had told him I wouldn't be a big user, he would set it that it would auto cancel, to save me thinking to do it. Guess what has just appeared on my bill? Yes a £21 pound charge for Sky Movies. How can these people get away with all this lying. I will be going to the financial ombudsman as soon as VM give me the usual crap, saying did I have it in writing. It is funny that when they give you the spiel over the phone, you just have to say yes at the time, but any queries from the customer and the say did you get it in writing. Filthy double standards from a disgraceful company.... and there was me thinking BT was bad, what an idiot I have been, they are angels compared to this shower.

0 Kudos
Dave606
Fibre optic
Message 4 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Unfortunately your experience isn't isolated if you read these forums and google!.  As what virgin say and what they do are clearly 2 different things.  Like my own personal experience, I'm willing to guess they didn't or were unwilling to put anything in writing in the way of an official virgin email to confirm the offer?.  And with the position you now find yourself in, your finding that your expected to provide the written proof and evidence of this offer to confirm your claim.  Yet virgin like to play down the need for you to have the full offer in the contract or writing before this sort of thing happens.

In my case, I gave my 30 days notice to leave due to virgins inability and unwillingness to provide any confirmation of the offer by way of a correct contract or email. 

0 Kudos