cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Putting in a fence

Licklesis
Tuning in

I am wanting to put a fence up between my front garden and my neighbours. I have started digging and it has exposed both mine and my neighbours virgin fibre cables and I’ve got a lot more digging to do. I had an engineer come out to re-bury the cable and he said he couldn’t and I had to dig it all out and expose the cable myself then have a new cable fitted. Is this correct? I’m very worried about digging around this cable and I was hoping to not affect my neighbours but the cables are only about 6cm under the garden and very close together and not protected in any way. What should I do?

23 REPLIES 23

japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Can you post up some photos, it may help others to advise.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

I’m trying but my image size is to big. I don’t know how to make it smaller

52E6DD43-BA51-41C4-88E6-FF810BC102DF.jpeg

88316EFE-27CD-439C-81DC-2040B996D60B.jpeg

B6994CB3-618A-40BB-9AB3-C12392D9B7B4.jpeg

Hayley_S
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hello @Licklesis,

Welcome to the community page, thank you for posting on here.

I am sorry for the issues with this.

I was able to locate your account and I can see an appointment on there, can you see this? 

Look forward to your response.

Hayley
Forum Team

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

yes i am currently trying to reschedule it until i know what i should do

Hayley_S
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Thank you for telling me this @Licklesis.

I can do this for you 🙂 I will have to bring you into a private message so I can do this.

I will send you a message now, please look out for a plum envelope at the top of your page.

Look forward to speaking with you.

Hayley
Forum Team

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

it's done

Hayley_S
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Okay @Licklesis.

When you mentioned you were 'trying' to reschedule I thought you needed help with getting this done.

I will leave this with you 🙂

If you need my help please let me know and ignore the private message sent.

Thanks,

Hayley
Forum Team