cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Put in new 18m deal without my permission

liverpaul
On our wavelength

Hi

so I’ve been on a rolling contract for a good year and half and a few months back got offered to try the 1gig services. I done a web chat and asked to go ahead knowing if I didn’t like it I could cancel within 14days,to which I didn’t like it. During the chat I asked if I cancel the 1gig service will I go back to a rolling contract which they replied “yes”.  So I thought good I’ll try it but didn’t think anything of it and cancelled it 10days later. Few m months later my internet got worse n worse to that I posted for help on here and finally got an engineer out. His words are you wouldn’t of seen any advantage with 1gig and surprised I’m getting a healthy speed due to the mess of the cables and shoddy work, today my cables are being re laid inside and out. Few weeks back I went on my contract details and it has me in a new 18 month deal ending March 2023 which I didn’t agree or ask for. I done web chat and asked for a copy of the conversation and she said it’ll take upto 30days and I still haven’t got it.

I hope it’s made sense and if you’ve read this far thank you but how or what am I eligible todo if found guilty (which they are) to appeal to virgin media? It’s disgusting they’ve put me on a new deal I didn’t want and also “forcefully “ put on it without my consent. The reason I want to be rolling contract is I want the new toob broadband but waiting for email to sign up but they need permission from the landlord which they haven’t given yet. I don’t watch tv or use the phone so paying for the services could half my bills

2 REPLIES 2

Andrew-G
Alessandro Volta

If you cancelled in 14 days and they didn't process that cancellation request properly, that's their problem not yours.  I'll flag for the forum staff to take a look and see if they can get this sorted.  Failing that we're talking about a formal complaint to VM and probably a fast escalation to the industry complaints scheme CISAS.  That's never a good outcome for VM, hopefully the company can get this sorted.  If not we'll provide advice on structuring a successful complaint.

Zoie_P
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi Liverpaul,

Thank you for your post 🙂

I am so sorry to hear you have been having issues with not only your service but your contract, I can certainly take a look into this and get it sorted. 

I will pop you over a PM, keep an eye out for the purple envelope 🙂 

Zoie