cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Problems paying bill - SCA exepmption - Soft decline.

SaitenMar
On our wavelength

Hello folks,

So this is driving me insane. The past month or so I've been running into an issue paying bills through My Virgin Media site, when I go to pay my bill it keeps getting declined and informs me that 'your card provider is unable to confirm this payment. Try the payment again or contact your provider'. Also informs me that the bank response was SCA exemption, soft decline, and SCA required. 

I've tried different browsers and cleared the cache on my browser. This has happened in the past and I would eventually get a code from my bank to confirm it's me paying the bill but I no longer even get any message on my phone from them when I attempt to pay. Rang up Natwest today and was told that the issue isn't on their end, but that it's an issue with Virgin Media. Tried ringing Virgin Media, spent fifteen minutes going through the whole process of reaching a human being, only for them to disconnect my call and just send me a text message with a link to my bill so that was an absolute waste of time. 

I need help to know if anyone else as run into this issue and if there is a fix. The last thing I need right now is for my bill to be overdue and incur extra charges. 

Would appreciate any help,
Thanks.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

newapollo
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Hi @SaitenMar 

This has cropped up a few times recently so VM are aware of the issue.

If you don't want to set up a direct debit then you could always use the dedicated automated payment line on 0800 064 3777. It’s available to use all day, every day.

Just make sure you have your account number and area reference number to hand. You can find these details at the top right hand corner of your bill.

Dave
I don't work for Virgin Media.
I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge.
Problem solved? Click to mark as a Helpful Answer, or use Kudos to say thanks
The do's and don'ts.
Keep the community welcoming for all. Please read the FAQ's
The Service you do for others is the rent you pay for your room here on Earth - Muhammad Ali

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

3 REPLIES 3

Alex_RM
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi SaitenMar,

Thanks for posting and sorry to hear you're having some issues with paying the bill via the site.

Can you confirm if this is just when signing into your online account?

Are you able to make a one-off payment using the link here

Alex_Rm

newapollo
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Hi @SaitenMar 

This has cropped up a few times recently so VM are aware of the issue.

If you don't want to set up a direct debit then you could always use the dedicated automated payment line on 0800 064 3777. It’s available to use all day, every day.

Just make sure you have your account number and area reference number to hand. You can find these details at the top right hand corner of your bill.

Dave
I don't work for Virgin Media.
I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge.
Problem solved? Click to mark as a Helpful Answer, or use Kudos to say thanks
The do's and don'ts.
Keep the community welcoming for all. Please read the FAQ's
The Service you do for others is the rent you pay for your room here on Earth - Muhammad Ali

Thanks for the quick reply newapollo. Been able to sort out my bill using the dedicated payment line at least so I hopefully won't get charged any late fees. Hopefully, VM fix this issue with online payments as it's an easier option.

Thanks for the help.