cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Problem creating account - DEF01 / "you can't use that password. Please choose another"

iansimpson888
Tuning in

Problem creating account - DEF01 / "you can't use that password. Please choose another"

trying to setup my account and get the above messages when registering.

tried desktop/laptop/phone/app but no success

8 REPLIES 8

John_GS
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi iansimpson888

Thanks for posting and welcome to the community. Sorry to hear of the online account issue - this is a known issue so thanks for letting me know the error message you are getting.

Can you confirm the password you are choosing, meets these requirements; 

• 8-10 characters
  • No special characters
  • Starts with a letter
  • At least one number

If that's the case and still the same, can you clear cache/cookies, browsing history and even any auto-fill passwords? This worked for me the other day.

Let me know

John_GS
Forum Team

Need a helpful hand to show you how to make a payment? Check out our guide - How to pay my Virgin Media bill

Hi, as soon as i try to register with my email i get the following:

"Oops, we've ran into a problem.
Wait a minute and try again. If this doesn't work, please come back later. (Code: DEF01)
Please enter the email address you used when purchasing your services."

i used the email that all correspondence has been sent to, but still get this error on loop when i click CONTINUE

Thanks for coming back to us @iansimpson888 and I'm sorry that you are still getting this error message, when trying to create your account.

I would be happy to take a further look into this for you but would need to confirm a few details via private message, please look out for my message and we can get started.

Regards,
Steven_L

Steven_L
Forum Team
Forum Team

Thanks for confirming your details via private message @iansimpson888.

I have raised this with our IT support team to be investigated further and I will be in touch as soon as I have any further updates for you.

Regards,

Steven_L

thankyou

You're very welcome @iansimpson888 and I hope to be in touch very soon with a resolution.

Regards,

Steven_L

Hi, i have not had any further contact as yet

Ryan_N
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Just to confirm that can take around 3-5 working days for the IT team to complete any action. Apologies. 

Cheers, 

Ryan.