cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Problem cancelling

JVincent1
Tuning in

I called VM on 2nd march to cancel my phone/tv/broadband, I was told this had been done, was given the disconnection date (1st April I think), was told I would receive an email confirmation and would need to return my equipment once disconnected. Yesterday I realised I hadn't received email confirmation so I contacted them on WhatsApp to check, only to be told they have no record of me cancelling!!!! (only the phone being cancelled because my new provider had contacted them about this). On WhatsApp I have been waiting to be put through to 'customer relations' all weekend and going round in circles. I gave them notice to cancel ALL my services on 2nd march, they deny this and now I'm faced with paying for 2+ weeks more of services I will not be using due to their incompetence. I find it unbelievable and quite frankly dishonest to be told on the phone that they had cancelled my services, only to be told 10 days later they have no record of this. I don't want to talk to them on the phone, I only want it in writing as apparently they can tell you they have done it on the phone and then not action it. Anyone had anything similar or advice on how to proceed? 

6 REPLIES 6

goslow
Alessandro Volta

There are quite a lot of 'failed cancellation' topics on here at the moment. It certainly is 'unbelievable' that VM cannot process these requests correctly and it is increasingly looking as if at least some of these are 'frankly dishonest' due to the sheer number of topics which recount the same story of a clear instruction to cancel which then fails to happen or, in some cases, has even been turned into a renewal!

Firstly, would suggest you let the forum team look into this for you and see if they can complete the original instruction to your original timeline.

Failing that you would need to get back onto VM. Phone may be more direct. Writing in is an option but my guess would be they will just action any subsequent letter as per its date and you still would have to pay for extra time.

There is no reason you should have to pay for further delay and VM's inability to cancel your services.

Report your experience here

https://ofcomforms.secure.force.com/formentry/SitesFormCCTMonitoring

to raise awareness with OFCOM that this is going on regularly with VM. Refer to VM's failings in OFCOM's fairness commitments 3, 5 and 6

https://www.ofcom.org.uk/about-ofcom/latest/media/media-releases/2019/broadband-and-phone-firms-put-...

Wait for the forum team to step in and see if they can recover this for you. They should reply within a day or two.

Thanks for replying, I'll wait to hear from the forum team and hopefully get somewhere with them (as I'm getting nowhere through other channels!).

I'll report to ofcom now.

Thanks again

Alex_RM
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi JVincent1,

Thanks for posting and welcome to our community 🙂

I'm sorry there's been some confusion over your cancellation request, so I can go through the notes on the account I've popped you over a private message (purple envelope, top right hand corner) 

Alex_Rm

JVincent1
Tuning in

I am literally at my wits end with this company. I phoned to cancel all my services (phone, tv and broadband) on 2nd march and was told this had all gone through and given a disconnection date. About a week later when I realised I hadn't received the email confirmation of this I contacted them on chat on WhatsApp (absolute waste of time as they said they had no record of me cancelling all my services, just the phone line). I then put a post on here about it and got a message from a very helpful advisor (or so I thought) who confirmed that all my services were due to be disconnected 31st March. I have now been billed for all services up to 25th April and had a 'thanks for making those changes' email yesterday saying just the phone had been removed (but not tv and broadband). I foolishly just tried to talk to them on WhatsApp again and was told they had not been disconnected and would I like him to have a look what deal he could offer me on my package!!!!! Absolute joke. 

Ernie_C
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

I have moved your new thread to here as the best place to continue with the previous adviser.

@Alex_RM 

@JVincent1 

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

Thank you. I had sent the previous advisor a message yesterday morning asking for them to look into it, as I hadn't received a reply I wasn't sure if they had received it so I tried starting a new post in the hope of a response from someone.