cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Problem cancelling TV/Broadband contract

Mark_Mywords
Tuning in

Hi.

This morning (5 Oct 2022), I cancelled my TV and broadband services with Virgin Media VIA a phone call as we don't watch much TV anymore and found cheaper and faster broadband elsewhere.

At 11:52am, I received a confirmation email titled "Disconnecting your Virgin Media services" confirming that I'm disconnecting from my Virgin Media Services.  All good so far.

At 12:35, I then received an email titled "Virgin Media Order Documents", containing pre contract documents!  Quote from email: "Attached are your Contract Information & Contract Summary documents. Please make sure that you are happy with the agreement you are entering into."

I opened the Contract Summary that was attached and was shocked and horrified that a contract totalling £86 / month shown, which included TV/PHONE/BROADBAND.

I HAVE NOT agreed or even spoken about a new contract with Virgin Media when I phoned.  I simply want to cancel all my Virgin Media Services (TV and broadband)

Why have I been sent this pre contract email?  I only telephoned to cancel my current services, not take out a new contract!!!!!

This has got my worried sick.  I have secondary progressive Multiple Sclerosis and stress isn't good for my symptoms.

3 REPLIES 3

Akua_A
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi @Mark_Mywords,

Welcome to our community forums and thank you for your first post.

Sorry to hear you are receiving conflicting information regarding your disconnection. We can understand your concern. To further look into this, I have sent you a private message. Please look out for the purple envelope and provide a response when you can.

Thanks,

Akua_A
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs

Akua_A
Forum Team
Forum Team

No problem @Mark_Mywords, happy to have been able to assist with this.

Please do not hesitate to contact us if you need any further help.

Thanks,

Akua_A
Forum Team

No problem @Mark_Mywords, happy to have been able to help again.

Please do not hesitate to contact us if you need any further help.

Thanks

Akua_A
Forum Team