cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Primary & Secondary Accounts

DHodges
Joining in

Hi

I have been a Virgin internet access customer for 15 plus years from the days of Virgin.net & ADSL. I switched to cable when the ADSL was dropped, and had years with no problems at all. Recently, last 3 months or so, VM have changed my only login to the VM website to a "secondary" account, since then I cannot access any of my account details or change payment methods etc. 

Does anyone know how I can get my login to be the "primary" account?

17 REPLIES 17

Hi Guys

Based upon the information provided by @Coventrytom can you PM or email me the email address of the primary account?

@Coventrytom states:-

The problem for me that I was assigned a strange email address when I first joined which I discovered just before I raised my query. It was a strange looking address with numbers and letters which I didn't recognize and for which I had no password. The VM agent discovered that this was the way in to my primary account and gave me a new password which allowed me to access the primary account. Problem solved in a few days. 

In this case, we can take a further look into this issue, I have sent you a private message. Please look out for the purple envelope and provide a response when you can. 

Thanks,

Akua_A
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs

Rikdickdart
Joining in

I am also having the same issue but i need to get this sorted as quickly as possible as i am moving house in 2 weeks time. I have been with Virgin for 15 years+ and since March have had no emailed bills and when i log in to my account (browser or app) it is marked as the secondary account. I need to log in to the main account so that i can see the details required to pass security when talking to the moving team. Can someone help?

Hi Rikdickdart

I / We have sorted out the issue on my account, hopefully it will be the same fix for you.

It appears when VM set up my Cable account in 2015 (I was originally ADSL) they gave me a new temporary login (random set of letters and numbers @virginmedia.com) and then changed it to my @virgin.net email address. I had full access and no problems with @virgin.net login until at some point in the last few months, where i believe the VM background system had updated, it has reverted everything back to original setup login. Anyway the very nice guys on the forum (@Akua_A) let me have the original VM login details and reset the password, obviously with all of the security checks etc to confirm who I was. 

I still have access to my original email (secondary account), but have to use the original 2015 VM login (primary account) details to get into the billing, change package etc area of the website. Not too much hassle!!

Hope it all helps and good luck.

Hey @DHodges, thanks for the update!

I'm glad to hear that the issue has been resolved for you.
As always - we're here if you need anything.

Kind regards,
Ilyas.

Ilyas_Y
Forum Team

I just want to express my thanks on here to the VM guys who do really sort out our problems with this matter. I can attest to that! Huge appreciation!

Hey @Coventrytom thanks for reaching back out to us on the forums page.

I'm glad to hear that 🙂 I'm happy to hear you get the support you need on the forums 🙂
We are always here should you ever need anything.

Kind regards,
Ilyas.

Ilyas_Y
Forum Team

Hi DHodges,

the forum team sorted me out, so thanks to them 🙂