cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Price rise notification

rob11119551
On our wavelength

Hi , just read someone's question regarding no price rise notification yet , and one of the Virginmedia persons replied saying that the letters and emails will be sent out UP UNTIL the 27 MARCH .

As it is now the 29th of March , why have I not received anything yet ???????

The 30 day time limit is fast approaching for the deadline on 1stvof May for those who have heard nothing .

Can someone at Virginmedia explain please ?

16 REPLIES 16

Hi @rob11119551 

If not impacted then they'd not be able to leave for free unless they have upto 60 days (normal notice period) on their deal.

Best wishes.

John_GS
Forum Team

Need a helpful hand to show you how to make a payment? Check out our guide - How to pay my Virgin Media bill

rayafc
Tuning in

It's the 1st May and I have just found out of my price rise, not via notification though, found out through my next bill being higher, definitely no notification as been looking out for one, will be leaving Virgin if this is how they treat a customer of over 20 years 😡

Hey @rayafc,

Every customer will receive an individual price rise specific to them. If you wish to discuss your increase further, you can reach us online (virg.in/contactvm), by calling 150 from your Virgin Media landline, or 0345 454 1111 from any other phone.

Thanks. Joe

Hi, I will be in touch soon to cancel as I was told when I took out my current 18 month deal that the price wouldn't change, so I'm not very happy 

Derek918
On our wavelength

@Joseph_B,  not strictly true about every customer will receive an individual price rise, as some customers will not be getting a price increase. As for telling rayafc  to call 150 etc..that isn't exactly the help he would wish for. 

Derek918
On our wavelength

@rayafc, hang on in there you may get a better response, if not repost your question and ask for someone to look into it for you. I got some good help from Beth_G. 

HI rayafc, 

Thanks for coming back to us on this and apologies to hear you are looking at cancelling the service. 

It is noted in the terms and conditions that there may be a price rise at some point. As well as sending a letter or email (depending on your contact preferences), you would have seen the rise on either March or April's bill depending on when it took effect for you. 

We're not able to process package changes or cancellation notices via the Community so the number Joseph gave you above is correct. 

If you have any further issues, feel free to get back in touch. 

Thanks, 

Kath_F
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs