cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Price rise notification

Nialli
Superfast

Is it correct that customers will receive notification of their April/May price rise on their billing date? So if my billing date is the 24th, I will get the notification on Feb 24th?

11 REPLIES 11

Ernie_C
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

If that is true, I’d be getting mine today. Nothing has arrived so far.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

Steven_L
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hey Nialli,

Welcome back to the community and thanks for taking the time to post.

Thats not true, this is being done in stages across our customer base not on your specific billing date, you will receive a personalised communication that will detail the specific change to your monthly charge. Price increases will vary as it will be specific to the service(s) you have. 

Kind Regards,

Steven_L

The cynic in me thinks the slow distribution of these notifications is to see how many customers leave so you can revise incentives to stay if necessary. I think the highest increases are only now going out. I’m on Volt. From what others say I know to expect a 25% increase when I get the email. Why not tell all Volt customers that now, rather than hiding behind that deceptive “average” rise number?

I genuinely feel sorry for the guys having to field the calls you are getting. The phones should be manned by the management who decided on such suicidal increases. 

bigkev3579
On our wavelength

I received my letter a week ago, I'd just come out of my discount £130 a month for full TV pack 2v6 and 1 TiVo(never used) plus 350mb. It went up to £170 a month and then that letter states it going up by another £21. I phoned yesterday got an automated "offer" of a whole £10 off a month. The guy on the phone didn't even try and keep my custom. All this when a new customer can get more than I get (except for extra TiVo) at £85 a month. Then goes up to £136.. after all these years my service goes off on the 23rd march. 

Hi bigkev3579

I am very sorry to hear you have decided to leave us.

We wish you all the best with your new provider. 

Vikki - Forum Team

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

I got my notification and it’s going up 31% next April and then by inflation plus 3.9%😳😳😳….so no increase for another 13months and by that point my contact will be up for renewal…..probably leave then as financials won’t allow these increases!

You should be able to leave now without penalty

Hi Nialli,

There will be a Right To Cancel for all impacted customers, who can choose to cancel their contract within 30 days from receipt of their communication.

Customers will not incur early disconnection fees if requesting their cancellation within this 30 day period. 

Vikki - Forum Team

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

I received a phone call yesterday from a lovely lady at virgin media, asking me why I was leaving. I told her everything and she came back to me with gigabit internet my X2 v6 boxes, phone line (which I don't use) £89 a month for 18 months, and that includes the march price rise. Wasn't expecting it but really appreciate it.