Menu
john113
On our wavelength
Message 71 of 86
Flag for a moderator

Re: Price rise dissatisfaction

Just been renewing my pathetic loyalty discount which had me signing up to a new contract on line, nearly fell off my chair reading the increases for monthly service charge, at present £31.99, march next year rising to £50.99, may £54.49 then may 2020 £64.49, told them that I will not be renewing the annual standing charge as I will be seeking new providers, the only thing I will miss will be about half a dozen tv programs and the tivo recording facility.

Jenonnet
Dialled in
Message 72 of 86
Flag for a moderator

I too won't be renewing my contract when it ends in December. There are lots of other providers out there that won't cost me anywhere near as much.

I've been a VM customer for years, but not anymore. There are no loyalty incentives for their longstanding customers and prices are constantly rising but quality of service is not.

My WiFi keeps dropping off and it's a blasted nuisance, but because it's alright when they test it they say its fine..... Not when I'm using it it isn't!!

Even if I have to split my services between two providers, I don't care, I'll save money and get the service I want. I agree that the Tivo box is handy, but if I go and get a cheap hard drive recorder I can attach it to the TV and record the programmes just the same. Tivo isn't anything that special, it doesn't stream into another TV in another room like Sky's does, I've had to have two recorders for each room and of course, that means more expense! 

Fed up of price rises and service drops. Fed up of bad customer services, that's when you can get someone! Fed up of having to start a new contract every time I need to change a slight thing on my current one. Obviously that's the only way they can keep customers! That's me done, I'm off! 

0 Kudos
icecoach2020
Joining in
Message 73 of 86
Flag for a moderator

Like many others, why do I have to accept a price rise of 17% over the last 12 months for a service that insists I have a land line rental included when I have no land line telephones so therefore never need  a landline, no discount is available for just using the broadband, also the rate of inflation over the same period has been below 2%!? Time to look elsewhere for my fibre broadband service!

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 74 of 86
Flag for a moderator

Hi icecoach2020,

I am sorry to hear you're unhappy with the price. 

Have you spoken to the team recently regarding your package price? 

I can help further if not.

Kind regards,

John_GS
Forum Team

Need a helpful hand to show you how to make a payment? Check out our guide - "How to pay my Virgin Media bill"

0 Kudos
icecoach2020
Joining in
Message 75 of 86
Flag for a moderator

Not spoken to anyone yet, too much to do for Christmas! Will look around once back to normal as there seems to be a few others now with similar speeds on fibre. Can't see a drop of 10-20mbs will make that much difference to me! I even had a new router which would not work with more than 1 laptop at a time and had to revert to my old one (I live alone with two laptops)!
0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 76 of 86
Flag for a moderator

Would you like me to have a look at prices for you?

Let me know, and I can drop you a PM 

Kind regards,

John_GS
Forum Team

Need a helpful hand to show you how to make a payment? Check out our guide - "How to pay my Virgin Media bill"

0 Kudos
icecoach2020
Joining in
Message 77 of 86
Flag for a moderator

Yes, if you wish, are you part of the virgin set-up or just the forum?
0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 78 of 86
Flag for a moderator

Great, will send you a PM now.

Kind regards,

John_GS
Forum Team

0 Kudos
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 79 of 86
Flag for a moderator

@icecoach2020

John is a Vm employee. All Vm employees have the virgin media logo next to their name and the forum team / moderator rank.

Rest of us are just other customers / forum users.

As a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share my knowledge. I don't work for Virgin Media.

Click to learn more about VIP

Use Kudos to say thanks

Mark as Helpful Answer if I've helped

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 80 of 86
Flag for a moderator

Thanks for answering, I missed that bit of the post 😞 haha. 

Kind regards,

John_GS
Forum Team