Menu
misterbuggerlug
On our wavelength
Message 61 of 86
Flag for a moderator

Re: Price rise dissatisfaction

Just had mine this morning. Broadband only currently at £29.74 is going up AN UTTERLY RIDICULOUS 8.4% to £32.23 per month.

If I'm actually lucky enough to speak to a virgin media advisor tonight I'll be informing them I am cancelling my account and moving to greener pastures.

0 Kudos
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 62 of 86
Flag for a moderator

@misterbuggerlug

If your service is fine I would tell you to argue for a discount to negate the rise like most of with a brain that are staying will. It's easier than swapping company, and you will only be dissapointed when the next company rises their prices yearly as well.

As a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share my knowledge. I don't work for Virgin Media.

Click to learn more about VIP

Use Kudos to say thanks

Mark as Helpful Answer if I've helped

0 Kudos
misterbuggerlug
On our wavelength
Message 63 of 86
Flag for a moderator

I'll give it a go, if I ever get to talk to an advisor in the morning. 🙂

0 Kudos
misterbuggerlug
On our wavelength
Message 64 of 86
Flag for a moderator

Well, just to keep folks in the loop. I was offered to keep it as it is (£29.74) for another years contract with them.

So in 30 days I'm going to Vodafone's Fibre 76 for £24 per month with no line rental.

discovery39
Joining in
Message 65 of 86
Flag for a moderator

I've been told today that if I notify by the end of august then I'm covered in September and can leave by start of October. Sky seem to have some great deals on at the moment. For the package I can get from them I will save £800 over 18 months.

0 Kudos
discovery39
Joining in
Message 66 of 86
Flag for a moderator

That's brilliant , I join this forum - post my first post and get lots of virtual badges - a real price reduction would be much better!

0 Kudos
discovery39
Joining in
Message 67 of 86
Flag for a moderator

I couldn't agree more - the service is marginally worse that BT and British gas!

0 Kudos
discovery39
Joining in
Message 68 of 86
Flag for a moderator

They don't like being contacted by email - it would be too easy to leave!

0 Kudos
discovery39
Joining in
Message 69 of 86
Flag for a moderator

Well - it is difficult to justify the unjustifiable.

0 Kudos
Forum Team (Retired) Kaz_A
Forum Team (Retired)
Message 70 of 86
Flag for a moderator

Hi discovery39

I appreciate you getting in touch and welcome to the community.

Thanks for getting in touch with us about the price change.
I appreciate that these changes do mean that customers will be looking at tailoring their package options with us, or in some instances they consider cancelling.
To make sure we are able to offer the best services we can we sometimes need to review our prices. It is the perfect opportunity for you to look at reviewing the overall package with us and to do so it would be great if you could either get in touch with our teams on Webchat or via 150 / 0345 454 1111 where our teams would be happy to take a look at this with you.

Additionally with respect to the badges, these are automatically generated within the programme that runs the system we use on the forums. This is a part of the forum journey as a forum customer.

Let us know how this goes.

Forum Team

Need a helpful hand to show you how to make a payment? Check out our guide - "How to pay my Virgin Media bill"

0 Kudos