Capture.JPG

Capture.JPG

0 Kudos
Mickey_etc
Up to speed
Message 52 of 86
Flag for a moderator

Re: Price rise dissatisfaction

at the noob that wanted to see which package i am on there you go. Have a good look

When i pay my final bill it will have 10 credit on so with be about £6.

If your happy paying more than £18 for single broadband at your current speed then fine. i was till they upped the pricing and i can get it better elsewhere

I needed a phone line for my new ISP but from a convo i have had with my soon to be new ISP i got it free useing google search i found

Love people that are thick as some ive met recently

Awaits the ban or edit button from the mods

0 Kudos
TehWardy
Dialled in
Message 53 of 86
Flag for a moderator

That clearly states your deal to be £28.25 a month, the only reason you're paying less is because there is credit on your account (presumably because you made a large payment up front for that line rental).

According to uSwitch you can get 100Mb for about £30 a month right now, such loyalty VM has to its existing customers huh!
stevebolt
Tuning in
Message 54 of 86
Flag for a moderator

Totally agree

Poorer service -TIVO slow as a snail and price rise after price rise - just not on. Also no email contact - poor customer service

0 Kudos
Beanz
On our wavelength
Message 55 of 86
Flag for a moderator

Well i never phoned to complain about the increase but then yesterday my latest bill was produced and my loyalty discount ends on 4th dec so as my billing period is 22nd month -> i only got about £2 of the £6 discount meaning my bill (70mb broadband only as pay phone on line rental saver) was £20.07 instead of the £13.99 i'd been paying before the November £3.49 increase. 

So this morning i've just phoned and customer services could see that my discount had ended so passed me onto customer relations (?) i think she said, guess its retentions, I pointed out that the phone is only ever used to call them and i just have it as the bundle offer works out better, she looked at what offers were available for me and came back with 12 months @ £13.00 !! Bargain, cheaper than i was paying pre increase !

Moral of the story is its worth phoning and whinging to retentions 😄

0 Kudos
Bikemad
Joining in
Message 56 of 86
Flag for a moderator

I recently received a letter from Virgin media offering to save me £32 a year by paying my line rental in advance. What they failed to take into consideration that when I paid last year's line rental in advance and it only cost me £164 instead of the "amazing value" £196 they now want me to pay.

So basically, they want to "save me £32 per year" on line rental by charging me £32 more on line rental than I paid last year!

I do not consider a 19.5% increase on the discounted annual line rental to be acceptable, when you consider that their full retail price of the line rental has only increased by 5.6% (which incidentally is still 560% more than the 1% rise in the UK consumer price index).

Back in 2010, the line rental was a more reasonable £11.99 a month, but now six years later, it has increased by 58% to £19 a month, which averages just under 10% per year increase. If I was getting paid 58% more than I was back in 2010 I probably wouldn't mind, but I'm not!

Having been with Eurobell/Telewest and now Virgin for well over 20 years, I am no longer surprised by their total lack of consideration towards their long term loyal customers.

I detest having to waste valuable time grovelling on the phone in order to receive a suitable price reduction, but it ultimately prevents me from having to switch providers and consequently lose numerous email addresses that I have been using for decades. I'm still annoyed that they removed (at very short notice) the free webspace that I had been using for years, and was one of the main reasons I have stayed with them so long.

Unfortunately, I feel it is only a matter of time before my patience finally runs out altogether, and I simply give up trying to annually renegotiate a satisfactory deal with Virgin media and take my business elsewhere. 

0 Kudos
wilson_campbell
On our wavelength
Message 57 of 86
Flag for a moderator

Lucky you getting £13. I could not get them to budge and must have phoned 10 times. Could not even get them to give my loyalty bonus again. Have had to cancel my contract now.

0 Kudos
Jenonnet
Dialled in
Message 58 of 86
Flag for a moderator

I rang to complain about the price hike and tell them I was leaving. In fact I rang a few times on different occasions and not once did anyone say they were putting me through to retentions, or customer relations as they put it. 

How come some customers get put through to them and others don't?  They don't have any consistency at all. I've accepted a new contract with a very small discount because at the moment there is too much going on in my life to have to mess about trying to find a better offer and switching, but next year I'll be prepared and will definitely be changing to another supplier!!

0 Kudos
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 59 of 86
Flag for a moderator

There is only one department that deals with cancellations and retentions.

If you were put through to cancellations, you were speaking to retentions.

As a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share my knowledge. I don't work for Virgin Media.

Click to learn more about VIP

Use Kudos to say thanks

Mark as Helpful Answer if I've helped

0 Kudos
Jenonnet
Dialled in
Message 60 of 86
Flag for a moderator

I wasn't put through to anyone, it was just the person I spoke to that answered my call. They didn't put me through to anyone else, not any of the times I rang.
0 Kudos