Menu
Dosser62
On our wavelength
Message 41 of 86
Flag for a moderator

Re: Price rise dissatisfaction

I would be quite happy to pay a price increase if I thought it was justified, however considering their infrastructure VM seem to have been treading water over the last few years. TIVO with their ultra fast network should have been a marriage made in heaven when put up against their main competitors.

I don't know if these questions have been asked elsewhere on the forum (they most probably have):

1. Why can't I stream recordings from my TIVO to devices to watch?

2. Why do VM pander to the IPhone community whilst treating Android users as second class citizens when it comes to connectivity??

3. Why are VM seemingly constantly playing catch-up with their main competitor as opposed to taking the lead???

There are a few others I am sure you will agree.

arrgee1991
Super solver
Message 42 of 86
Flag for a moderator

@Dosser62 wrote:

Why are VM seemingly constantly playing catch-up with their main competitor as opposed to taking the lead???

It depends on who you believe their main competitor to be.  Virgin would probably consider it to be BT whereas customers may consider it to be Sky.  However, the real competition could really be Netflix, Amazon and Vodafone.  

After all, Kodak thought Fuji were their competition....

wez_p
Tuning in
Message 43 of 86
Flag for a moderator

just cancelled all my services due to this most recent price increase, along with previous technical/customer service issues, TiVo being so sloooow, the recent TiVo update being a bit confusing with streaming vs recording in my planner, etc., regularly slow broadband during peak times (wired or Wi-Fi), claimed benefits of Virgin not being relevant to me (football coverage/iOS apps) and just generally not feeling I get anywhere near value for money

I now need a decent broadband provider!!

the call to cancel was pretty simple - few mins wait, UK call centre, explained I wasn't happy with the recent price rises and that I wasn't interested in latest package deals.  No hassle, disconnection date provided, done.

misterbuggerlug
On our wavelength
Message 44 of 86
Flag for a moderator

Got my letter today too. As I only have broadband from virgin, it means my service will be costing me £29.74 a month. As others have said, this is the 3rd price rise for me this year.

Utterly unacceptable as far as I'm concerned. So I too will be leaving come November and probably moving to vodafones 4g access for my home.
Mickey_etc
Up to speed
Message 45 of 86
Flag for a moderator

If you were paying £29.74 a month you were being ripped off

I have been paying around £20 for the last month. I hate this company as everyones haggling to get better deals well in fact everyone should all get the same best deal.

Sorry your paying that amount when some of us on their fastest speeds are getting it for less
Shroko
Up to speed
Message 46 of 86
Flag for a moderator

I don't believe you.
You are not getting 50Mbs unlimited broadband for £20. What's the name of the package you're on?

Beanz
On our wavelength
Message 47 of 86
Flag for a moderator

@Shroko wrote:
I don't believe you.
You are not getting 50Mbs unlimited broadband for £20. What's the name of the package you're on?

Its all down to the size of Bundle you have and loyalty discount. For e.g my bundle is phone and 70MB BB and i pay yearly for my phoneline (Currently £184) and then my monthly charge left is £13.99, give or take a few pence, which next month goes up by the £3.49. My loyalty discount i believe is £6 and that runs out on the 1st of December when i'll phone to get it re applied. If i didn't have the phone my BB would cost over £33 so even with my loyalty discount applied and the fact i don't use my landline i might as well keep it as at least then i'm getting something for the extra money.

Bundles really do bring BB cost down as i moved to a virgin phonline just over a year ago and paid less for the linerental saver than i did with BT plus my BB bill went down from £22 to £11.50, obviously we've now had 2 price increases since then 😞

CiaranL
On our wavelength
Message 48 of 86
Flag for a moderator

As Beanz points out, there are different prices for different bundles and loyalty discounts.

For example they are currently advertising up to 50MBps broadband and phone for a cost of £21.00 Broadband and £19.00 phone (after the introductory discount has ended).

Broadband only they are advertising at £32.25. 

MrZed
Dialled in
Message 49 of 86
Flag for a moderator

I have BB only and pay £33.25 a month for 150MB. I've received a letter saying that will be going up by £2.99! Crazy money for the poor service I have received over the last year. 

I shall be leaving ASAP.

Mickey_etc
Up to speed
Message 50 of 86
Flag for a moderator

No im not getting 50 meg BB i am getting 70 for £18 inc vat

0 Kudos