cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Price rise May 2023

Sarah45
Tuning in

I recontracted about 4 months ago (18 months at £27 instead of £44). I recieved the price rise email 16th Feb 2023 stating my bill would rise by £7.

I phoned retentions but I couldn't find out whether this is £7 on top of the £44 or the £27. Anyway I cancelled and requested the disconnection in 30 days (19th March 2023), There was a few counter offers including same £27 but on a new 18 month contract. I declined and I believe the disconnection has been actioned.

My questions are;

If I stayed would the £7 increase be on top of my current £27 discounted?

Should I recieve a confirmation email to confirm upcoming disconnection?

5 REPLIES 5

unisoft
Well-informed

@Sarah45 wrote:

I recontracted about 4 months ago (18 months at £27 instead of £44). I recieved the price rise email 16th Feb 2023 stating my bill would rise by £7.

I phoned retentions but I couldn't find out whether this is £7 on top of the £44 or the £27. Anyway I cancelled and requested the disconnection in 30 days (19th March 2023), There was a few counter offers including same £27 but on a new 18 month contract. I declined and I believe the disconnection has been actioned.

My questions are;

If I stayed would the £7 increase be on top of my current £27 discounted?

Should I recieve a confirmation email to confirm upcoming disconnection?

on top of the £27 though a call should clarify.

Disconnection - yes and should show in My Virgin Media under Orders.

30 days from agreeing disconnection to cancel the disconnection BUT usually your old rate applies unless renegotiated again.

I phoned to clarify. The agent on the phone who I could hardly understand managed to give me a discount which was equal to the price rise. I have decided to stay and see out my contract.
I left an isp via openreach a few years back due to their poor service. I'm not sure if they are sorted yet or not so at least I don't have to cross that bridge for the time being.

Nathan_B
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi there @Sarah45, welcome back to our forum and thanks for your post.

This £7 increase would be added to your current package price. If you have cancelled you should've received an email confirming this. Have you been able to check your spam/junk folder to see if the email has gone there?

Let us know if you need anything further, we will be happy to assst.

Regards

Nathan

The do's and don'ts. Keep the community welcoming for all. Follow the house rules

Hi Nathan

Thanks for responding

There was no spam or other. I have sorted it now after 3 phone calls to retentions. The 1st 2 had very poor English but managed to clarify with the 3rd person that my account would not be increased.

Thinking about the initial cancellation request, I am actually very annoyed that the 1st person I spoke to who informed me that the cancellation had been set for 19th March when it appears the this wasn't the case and the cancellation request was not actioned. Dirty tactics maybe?  Either way because of this I am going to consider my options due to this.

You're welcome 😊

I'm glad to see this has now been sorted for you, I can certainly understand the frustration with this with being given incorrect information.

Please do let us know if you need any further support, we will be happy to help if needed.

Regards

Nathan

The do's and don'ts. Keep the community welcoming for all. Follow the house rules