cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Price rise 2023

Reddux
Joining in

We have had an email to say prices are rising by £9 per month from April 2023 but we are in contract until July 2023. Please can someone clarify this. Have tried the chat but can’t get past the bot. Thanks 

14 REPLIES 14

impy1
On our wavelength

I have used the chat bot,and after entering my account number the reply was that I would not be impacted by the price rise,so the sales person must have entered a code or something into my contract,but why doesn't it say that anywhere?

impy1
On our wavelength

Also where are the terms and conditions regarding annual inflation linked price increases? Why isn't in the contract you receive?

Graham_A
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

@impy1 wrote:

Also where are the terms and conditions regarding annual inflation linked price increases? Why isn't in the contract you receive?

It isn't part of the current terms and conditions.  The terms and conditions are being amended to allow for annual rises of 3.9% plus RPI from 2024 as part of this round of changes.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media, I'm a VM customer. There are no guarantees that my advice will work. Please read the FAQs
Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

Kib74
Joining in

I currently have a promotional discount on my  TV+Broadband package that ends in 2024. At the beginning of the new contract I was told that I would not be subjected to price increase until the end of the contract. However, just recently, I received a letter informing me that my monthly payments would increase by £15, i.e. by 20%! Has anyone else, in a similar situation, received this notification?

@Graham_A wrote:

@impy1 wrote:

It isn't part of the current terms and conditions.  The terms and conditions are being amended to allow for annual rises of 3.9% plus RPI from 2024 as part of this round of changes.

and just finishing off your sentence with "and no exit penalty free clause if you are still in a minimum contract term if you try and cancel after the date in your 2023 price increase notification email/letter".