cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Price rise 2023

Reddux
Joining in

We have had an email to say prices are rising by £9 per month from April 2023 but we are in contract until July 2023. Please can someone clarify this. Have tried the chat but can’t get past the bot. Thanks 

14 REPLIES 14

goslow
Alessandro Volta

@Reddux wrote:

We have had an email to say prices are rising by £9 per month from April 2023 but we are in contract until July 2023. Please can someone clarify this. Have tried the chat but can’t get past the bot. Thanks 

Are you on a fixed price contract or on a discount for your current package price? (You should be able to check details within 'My Virgin Media' or your last bill).

Try a couple of topics from this time last year which might help

https://community.virginmedia.com/t5/Forum-Archive/Re-On-fixed-price-deal-till-January-2023-but-pric...

https://community.virginmedia.com/t5/Managing-Your-Account-Cable/On-fixed-price-deal-till-January-20...

If VM is actually increasing your bill, you have a 30 day window to leave with no EDF (but that too will disappear from 2024 as VM looks as if it is moving to the model of scheduled annual price rises as per many of the other telecoms providers).

Lee_R
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi @Reddux thanks for posting and welcome to our community.

Sorry for any confusion around the price increase. I would like to take a look on your behalf and offer some clarification as to how it may effect you. I am going to send you a private message. Please look out for the purple envelope in the top right of your screen.

Regards

Lee_R

hash70
On our wavelength
I to ain't happy,I signed upto a volt 1 gig package on the 26th Jan,specifically asked the sales person about April price increase and he told me it woukd be at 3.9%,next day I'm reading about customers receiving emails about a 15% increase,the sales person must have knew about 15% increase and I feel I was lied to,to be honest this sign up has been a absolute nightmare,it's been one thing or another,I will be calling them bck to cancel if they force the increase on me

Anonymous
Not applicable

Put in an SAR request at https://www.virginmedia.com/help/dsar-faq demanding the relevant call recording and transcript. If they back you up then hold VM to the arrangement under s 50 of the Consumer Rights Act 2015. 

Hi there @hash70 

Thank you so much for your post and we are so sorry to hear that you have also been left disappointed by the recent price increase. 

A new deal should have the increase already factored into the price so should not rise but I would be happy to take a look for you via a PM. 

I will pop you a PM across now, please keep an eye out for the purple envelope in the top right corner of your screen alerting you to a new message. 

hash70
On our wavelength
Not got your message ashliegh

impy1
On our wavelength

I was called by the sales team in December and was sold a new Volt contract,it was slightly more than the price I was on,but was told there would be no price increases whatsoever during the 18 months length of the contract. Nowhere does it say this on the contract,in fact all contracts I have ever received look the same,so waiting to see what happens 

Andrew-G
Alessandro Volta

@impy1 wrote:

I was called by the sales team in December and was sold a new Volt contract,it was slightly more than the price I was on,but was told there would be no price increases whatsoever during the 18 months length of the contract. Nowhere does it say this on the contract,in fact all contracts I have ever received look the same,so waiting to see what happens 

Don't wait, make a Data Subject Access Request now for all call recordings or chat transcripts.  The call recordings are deleted as soon as VM legally can, (wonder why?) which is six months.  If you were told that it was a fixed price or wouldn't increase then that is legally binding.  But if you wait until you get a price rise notification then by the time you've initiated a formal complaint and if need be got it to the Ombudsman then all the evidence may have been scrubbed.

Hey impy1, thank you for reaching out with your question today.

Your individual price rise will be specific to the service you have. Overall, the average price rise is 13.8%. Some price changes will be lower and some customers will be excluded completely.

We always balance our prices with the need to continue investing in our network, products and services.
Like many businesses, we’re experiencing rising costs due to inflation. We are not immune to rising costs, primarily due to wider economic changes from rising inflation.
We’re seeing growing demand for data – with usage growing by more than 10% each year. Last year, we invested more than £2bn in our networks, which contributed to average broadband speeds increasing more than 40%, while helping to make sure our customers stayed connected and were able to keep using our services more and more. Thanks 

Matt - Forum Team

New around here?