Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Price not as promised.

bhutchinson
Tuning in
  • Spoiler

Hi, 

Looking for some help. Has anyone had issues with virgin media giving them a price on a package and then not honouring it? 

I had agreed to a new package at the start of March and they have just ignored the agreed price by £33 per month and I can't speak to anyone. Anytime I try I get lied to and told it will be fixed and then it never happens. I've had to contact them at least 5 times still not fixed after over 6 weeks!!!

I have screenshots from their WhatsApp service with all the chats and the original agreement on the package.  The customer service is shocking to say the least!

Has anyone had this and have they just left virgin media and went with another provider if this happened? 

I have raised a complaint and was told this would be answered with 30 days. This is well over that now as well still nothing back! 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

bhutchinson
Tuning in
18 REPLIES 18

bhutchinson
Tuning in

Hi bhutchinson, welcome to the community! Thank you for posting. 

Sorry to hear of your difficulties following a package change. 

Did the change involve removing any services? If you downgrade any aspect of your package it requires 30 days notice and this is reflected on your bills until the package change is processed. 

Regarding the complaint, we aim to respond to all complaints as quickly as possible, however this can take up to 28 days. You can see our full complaint code of practice here. 

Sincerest apologies for the delay in your complaint response - have you received any email or call from us?

I will certainly take a look for you and offer further support. I will need to send you a PM to confirm a few details so I am able to do this. You will find the PM in the top right corner of the page in your Inbox. 

We can return to the public thread with an update as soon as possible. 

All the best!

Molly

The change did not involve removing or adding any services whatsoever. I was told that I could have the exact same package for £67 per month rather than £99. I agreed to this and was told it had been processed but has never happened. 

The complaint was raised on the 11/04/22 so this is a good bit over your 28 day turnaround time on complaints. 

I have absolutely no contact from anyone at virgin media at all. I have been in contact at least 4 or 5 times since the issue started and have had to explain the whole situation every time. I wasted basically a full Saturday trying to get ot resolved with someone called jayson from customer relations who couldn't be bothered dealing with it and told me he had to go away from his desk for 60 minutes and he would come back to me after the 60 minutes. The 60 minutes passed and of course he didn't come back to me. I tried to message him again but he had ended the chat and I was put back I'm a que a had to wait to the following day and went through the same thing all over again!

It's by far the worst customer service out there. 

Hi All, I have returned to update the thread. 

Huge thanks to bhutchinson for PMing with me, and their patience whilst we got this sorted. 

I managed to amend the package to the correct monthly price of £67. 

A refund has been issued for the period of overpayment on the package, and a further goodwill gesture has been agreed due to the poor experience. The complaint has been closed on this basis. You will still be able to view it here if you ever need to. 

We are unable to amend generated bills, but any future bills will reflect the changes made and credits applied. You can view this via your My Virgin Media account. 

(Please note it may take 24 hours for our systems to update!)

Sincerest apologies that this happened! I am glad to have managed to resolve this for you. 

Please do let us know if you have any further billing issues following the package correction and we will be more than happy to help. 

All the best! 

Molly

Hi Molly, 

I have sent you a message regarding the credit on my account. Can you have a look at this and come back to me please.

as of yet I haven't seen the agreed amount be processed.

thanks 

Hi - I have sent you over a PM to help further 🙂

Best,

John_GS
Forum Team

Need a helpful hand to show you how to make a payment? Check out our guide - How to pay my Virgin Media bill

This sounds like what is happening to me just now. did you ever get it resolved?

Hey lesley74,

Welcome back to the community and thanks for taking the time to post.
I’m sorry to hear of the issues that you’re having with your package, please can you expand on what has happened to you?

Kind Regards,

Steven_L

lesley74
On our wavelength

It seems to be the same issue that multiple people are having. They change their contract, receive the new contract, but nobody bothers to update the contract in their account nor change the payments. I've raised the issue already and was assured it had been fixed but it hasn't.