cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Price increase

BenWebster80
On our wavelength

Just received a letter re price increase for my package. I have written proof that my bill would stay the same to end of contract. 

Here I am again trying to sort out another cost issue with VM!

Can someone please read my notes and help?

Many thanks

8 REPLIES 8

BenWebster80
On our wavelength

Just to add - tried calling, on hold for 1hr 20 between transfer, then all went silent. I do have better things to do!

Adri_G
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi BenWebster80, thanks for reaching out on our help forum and sorry to see you're not happy with this change in our price.
Every customer will receive an individual price rise specific to them. If you wish to discuss your increase further, you can reach us online (virg.in/contactvm), by calling 150 from your Virgin Media landline, or 0345 454 1111 from any other phone. ^AG

Adri
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs

Hi, thanks for getting back to me. 

Please refer to my notes regarding my monthly cost. There are a lot! To cut a long storey short, I was told I would pay x amount until my contract ends. I have this in writing. Therefore the price increase should not apply.

I've had no luck calling or chatting as of yet!

@BenWebster80 wrote:

Hi, thanks for getting back to me. 

Please refer to my notes regarding my monthly cost. There are a lot! To cut a long storey short, I was told I would pay x amount until my contract ends. I have this in writing. Therefore the price increase should not apply.

I've had no luck calling or chatting as of yet!

Forum staff can't do zilch about your package price. It's ring in, try and use Whatsapp which had a 7 hour wait time, or just send a letter recorded delivery to cancel altogether and bypass waiting around and go get a new supplier.

The fact that every communication route is jammed with wait times, tells you the price increase AND substantial change of T&C's regarding penalty free exit clauses starting for 2024 price increases, has gone down like a bag of wet poo and many not standing for it.

Even if you negotiate your price, next year you'll will be hit in the face by the reciting of the new T&C's formula of RPI plus an additional 3.9% based on your FULL package price not discounted price with no penalty free escape clause if in minimum term contract period.

I finally got through to the retentions/relations dept.

They cancelled my price increase!

@BenWebster80 wrote:

I finally got through to the retentions/relations dept.

They cancelled my price increase!

Be sure to check your contract details in my virgin media in a few days to make sure they haven't restarted your contract and be aware of the T&C's change you CAN'T escape from for April next year (but you may be out of contract by next year so not an issue). No penalty free escape if you are still in contract next year. I don't expect retentions to be so lenient with discounts next April (2024) if people are still in contract because they can recite "You can't leave as in contract" and T&C's change was notified in 2023 or in your contract if a new customer.

I was told that my contract won't change. Just the cancellation of price increase. 

My contract ends January 24. Hopefully there might be some Jan sales about!

Adri_G
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Thank you for posting with your updates on this, BenWebster80.

Glad to see you've discussed this with our Retentions and found the option that suits you best, please tell us how things go and we're here if you need more help.

Adri
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs