cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Price increase?

PrincessSalem
Tuning in

Hi,

I keep seeing about the price rise but I haven’t had any communication yet.

Am I the only one?

10 REPLIES 10

Keenzo
Up to speed

Dial 150 from your home phone line, options 1,1,1,4,4 for thinking of leaving.

call between 8-9 am and you should get straight through to the uk call center and they should help

they will be able to tell you if your prices are rising, when and by how much. some have not got their emails as yet its being rolled out in stages but then again some have not got it but when enquiring they are told they should have had it so might be best to check

Good Luck

Chris_W1
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi PrincessSalem, thanks for the message. 

Customers will only receive one price change in 2023 for their cable services. As we have done in previous years, we are phasing our price rise across two months which ensures we can best serve customers during this period.

Please give us a call on 0345 454 1111 so that we can ensure that you are on the best possible deal. 

Chris. 

I have joined VM in July 2022 (ultimate volt), and not got a letter about price rises...

The 02 size, I wanted a new phone, and 02 were able to give me a good deal, and they have mentioned about a price rise, but the VM side nothing yet...

will I get one?

Hi mda99das, we are sending letters over two months in two phrases. 

You may receive a letter next month but if the price increases for you we will let you know. 

Please keep an eye out for the May bill as this is where it would show. 

Chris. 

does a price rise happen for everyone in a contract, or would I be protected?

Hi, I have just received the letter about the price increase. Luckily it says that "this 2023 price increase won't affect you until your current price offer ends", which for me is April 2024. The difference is that from May 2023 the T's & C's change to include a price increase every April from 2024 onwards. So, basically from April 2024 you can't cancel your contract or renegotiate a better offer after receiving the price increase. It would be like the mobile phones contract. What I've noticed is that the price increase would be worth £21.50 from April 2024, which is  calculated actually from the full price of the package, £143 (15% increase) and not the offer one, £67 (actual 30% increase). Anyway, luckily for this year I'm OK and in March next year before my offer ends I'll negotiate a new contract but if I'm able or not to avoid a price increase from April 2024 we'll see that. 

Chris_W1
Forum Team
Forum Team

All price increase letters should have been sent by now. 

The price increase happens in May. 

We would let you know 30-60 days before it is applied. 

Chris. 

We are on a reduced price contact and I thought that the price rise will still take place... What is the wording on your letter saying that it wont happen until April next year?

Molly_T
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi Ajo 👋 welcome back to community! Thank you for joining this thread. 

Every customer will receive an individual price rise specific to them. If you wish to discuss your increase further, you can reach us online  👉 virg.in/contactvm, by calling 150 from your Virgin Media landline, or 0345 454 1111 from any other phone.

All the best. 🌞

Molly