cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Price increase

JLOG1953
Tuning in

I have a discount on my current virgin media account and expires August 2024.Would anyone know if I will receive upcoming price increase  as  my contract is till August   2024

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Steven_L
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hey JLOG1953,

Welcome back to the community and thanks for taking the time to post.

I have looked into this and your price will be increasing in the current price increase. Your individual price rise will be specific to the service you have. Overall, the average price rise is 13.8%. Some price changes will be lower and some customers will be excluded completely.

Kind Regards,

Steven_L

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

2 REPLIES 2

Steven_L
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hey JLOG1953,

Welcome back to the community and thanks for taking the time to post.

I have looked into this and your price will be increasing in the current price increase. Your individual price rise will be specific to the service you have. Overall, the average price rise is 13.8%. Some price changes will be lower and some customers will be excluded completely.

Kind Regards,

Steven_L

@Steven_L wrote:

"These are not just price increase numbers, these are Virgin Media price increase numbers."

Because the average price rise is not 13.8%, is it?  The average rise in undiscounted tariffs is 13.8%, the price increase is what the customer will be paying extra.  Because of the way VM apply their price rise, it is amplified by any discount*   On the most heavily discounted deals (eg the Big Bundle or earlier equivalents) the discount can be around 50%, meaning that those customers will see an increase of more than double the 13.8% - a Big Bundle customer from last year will see their actual price rise by 29.9% in the example I've calculated.  Fellow forum member Roger_Gooner will be along soon hopefully to justify this to you**.

* The maths here is that is that the customer's new price will be the result of their current discounted price multiplied by 1 + (13.8% divided by (100-XX)), where XX is the percentage discount of the customer's package to original full price***. Note that because VM are trying to keep standard prices to round numbers, some standard prices will change by different amounts to the 13.8% average.  For customers on greater than 50% discount packages and where the price rise on standard is above 13.8% that's meant monthly increases of as high as 38%.

** Yes, that's a cheeky dig that will hopefully be accepted in the spirit of goodwill that is intended.

*** If I've not screwed up my algebra.