cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Price increase

Gonegirl
On our wavelength

Your latest price increase from April 23 is 13.8%. I have received an email stating my package will increase by £12. This isn't 13.8% of what I currently pay, it's almost double. Can someone please explain.

8 REPLIES 8

Ernie_C
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

The figure quoted is an average, not an across-the-board increase.

Anyone with significant discounts, as part of their bundle price, will see larger percentage increases as the increase is against the full package price.

If you are unhappy with this increase, you have the option to cancel with no early disconnection charges or re-negotiate your price, in return for a new contract minimum period.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

Gonegirl
On our wavelength

even taking into account the small discount on my package the increase should be half that quoted by VM.

Anonymous
Not applicable

It is a big whack. VM also have a discount bot to ease the pressure on their call centres over this issue. See the thread at https://community.virginmedia.com/t5/Community-Natter/Virgin-Media-price-increase-2023-what-can-cust...

I tried a WhatsApp chat and they offered my current package at a dearer price than I'd be paying even after the increase is added! Couldn't make it up. 

Ernie_C
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

It would be useful for further comment if you could state your current price and services.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

Hi Gonegirl, 

Every customer will receive an individual price rise specific to them. If you wish to discuss your increase further, you can reach us online (virg.in/contactvm), calling 150 from your Virgin Media landline, or 0345 454 1111 from any other phone. 

Thanks,

Megan_L

Gonegirl
On our wavelength

I did that yesterday and after repeatedly being put on hold I was cut off. 

Hi Gonegirl,

Sorry you've struggled to get through over the phone. I know this must be frustrating however our offers and deals are changing, so it may be worth getting back in touch again soon, if our team weren't able to offer a more suitable deal over Whatsapp.

Thank you

Beth