cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Price increase cancel volt

Tombh71
On our wavelength

Hi

Can I cancel my whole volt package now virgin are putting up my prices by 21.50 a month so i can move to a sky deal? Or will they force me to keep the O2 sim part of it due to the contract Being with o2?  Surely not! 

Regards

Tom

7 REPLIES 7

Robert_P
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hello Tombh71

Sorry to hear your looking to cancel following the price increase notification, we appreciate the frustration and you raising your query via the forums.

Like many businesses, we’re experiencing rising costs due to inflation. We are not immune to rising costs, primarily due to wider economic changes from rising inflation. All of the details and options available are included in the correspondence and we have recruited additional resource for when customers want to get in touch. You are able to call us on 150 from your Virgin Media home phone or 0345 454 1111. You can also chat to us online via our website.

Rob

Tombh71
On our wavelength

Hi Rob

Would you mind just answering my question, I just need a yes or no whether i can cancel the whole voltn package. 

Regards

Tom

You can cancel your package at anytime Tombh71, if you're outside of your 14 day cooling off period but still inside a fixed term contract, Early Disconnection Fee's may be applicable unless stated otherwise in your correspondence.

You would need to use the methods outlined in my last post to arrange the 30 days notice, we can't do this via the forums.

Rob

@Robert_P wrote:

You can cancel your package at anytime Tombh71, if you're outside of your 14 day cooling off period but still inside a fixed term contract, Early Disconnection Fee's may be applicable unless stated otherwise in your correspondence.

You would need to use the methods outlined in my last post to arrange the 30 days notice, we can't do this via the forums.

Rob

Thats not the complete facts.

Under OFCOM rules, the price increases are extortionate and you can cancel without any penalty on your Virgin Services within 30 days of official notification by letter or email. The O2 part is less clear as you'd have to argue that you were not told of their price rise formula as part of the contract. Currently, until next year, Virgin branded services don't have a specific formula mentioned in a contract.

Ofcom are looking into mid contract price rises whether or not mentioned in the contract, and I expect given the negative publicity they will be forced into action else their own integrity will be on the block.

@Robert_P wrote:

Hello Tombh71

Sorry to hear your looking to cancel following the price increase notification, we appreciate the frustration and you raising your query via the forums.

Like many businesses, we’re experiencing rising costs due to inflation. We are not immune to rising costs, primarily due to wider economic changes from rising inflation. All of the details and options available are included in the correspondence and we have recruited additional resource for when customers want to get in touch. You are able to call us on 150 from your Virgin Media home phone or 0345 454 1111. You can also chat to us online via our website.

Rob

So how come my other half had someone at VM say over the phone its going up a tenner and nothing they could do, but they would throw in an O2 SIM, upgrade the TV to full channels (except premium Sky/others), provide a HUB5 (even though got one!) and upgrade to 500mbps for £1 more than the £10 increase?

Other half is refusing and looking elsewhere - it really is no bluff either. Only interested in Broadband anyway and 80/20 on FTTC (yes, near BT green cabinet and FTTP coming anyway) would be enough and that is currently £21 with no offers.

It's a marketing ploy by VM to make people think they got a bargain when in reality they don't even need the extra services!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

VM Woman was in a right huff they didn't take up the extra services and ended call quickly, despite it being a non-heated call.

So, my other half has made a decision; a phone call to VM to completely cancel all services is coming. The money is going elsewhere.

I'm waiting to see if VM dare to mention a price increase on my own personal account as part of my renegotiation was no price rises and the recorded call says the deals were being done with that in mind anyway for 18 months when I did it. If there is one, I'm off too and been with VM since 2007.

It is always the customer prerogative as to whether they take the contract offer or not UniSoft, as mentioned in my reply to the original poster, Early Disconnection Fee's may be applicable unless stated in the price rise correspondence ie if the letter advises you can cancel without fee's this would be an option.

Rob

Tombh71
On our wavelength

Ok thank you Rob

Regards

Tom