cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Price increase against contract and missing compensation

winged_2001
On our wavelength

Please could a Virgin Media representative contact me? My bill has increased but my current contract clearly stipulates a different price. We also have missing compensation promised to us from your WhatsApp team.

I have all the relevant documentation I can send.

Thanks

3 REPLIES 3

Kath_F
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi winged_2001, 

Thanks for taking the time to post about your issues in the Community.

We're sorry to hear you're having an issue with your billing. There was recently a price increase which affected customers so this is likely why you've seen an increase in your bill. We started sending notifications about this to customers back in January and these continued until late March.

We always balance our prices with the need to continue investing in our network, products and services. Like many businesses, we’re experiencing rising costs due to inflation. We are not immune to rising costs, primarily due to wider economic changes from rising inflation.

We’re seeing growing demand for data – with usage growing by more than 10% each year. Last year, we invested more than £2bn in our networks, which contributed to average broadband speeds increasing more than 40%, while helping to make sure our customers stayed connected and were able to keep using our services more and more.

Many of our main competitors have announced changes to prices, and more are expected to do so this year. We are confident that we provide excellent value for our customers by including daily saving on Priority, discounted TV subscriptions through Stream, and boosting broadband speeds and data through Volt. We also support our vulnerable customers through our Essential Broadband packages as well as Talk Protected landline customers, all of which will not see their prices change.
If your price has risen beyond what you were notified of then you can view details on your bill directly through My Virgin Media. This will give you information on any discounts that may also be coming to an end. 

In terms of compensation, we have an automatic compensation scheme in place. When there is a total loss of service for your broadband or phone line, the account is automatically assessed for compensation, once the fault is closed as resolved. If eligible, the credit is added and will show on the next bill due to be generated. If you've not received a credit then it would mean you haven't met the criteria. You can view more on the scheme, including eligibility here ➡ Automatic Compensation.  

If you have any further queries or questions, pop back and let us know. 

Many thanks, 

Kath_F
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs

winged_2001
On our wavelength

Thanks Kath_F appreciate the speedy response, please can you put me in contact with the relevant team/colleague to discuss in detail and on private message?

Hi @winged_2001,

Every customer will receive an individual price rise specific to them. If you wish to discuss your increase further, you can reach us online (virg.in/contactvm), by calling 150 from your Virgin Media landline, or 0345 454 1111 from any other phone.
In regards to missing compensation, can you let me know when this was applied as it should show on your new bill.

We can't assist with any package amendments here relating to price increases but I will pop you a PM to discuss the missing compensation with you. 

Thanks

Ayisha_B
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs