cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Price hikes 2023 - do we still need to give 30 days notice?

infh2
Tuning in

The letter notifying us of the price increase states we need to cancel before 14th March if we want to do so without penalties but can we leave with immediate effect or do we still have to give 30 days notice? Trying to avoid another unnecessary monthly payment. Thanks

16 REPLIES 16

Thanks for confirming Lee. Much appreciated. 

You're welcome infh2. Remember, if you ever need assistance in the future, our fantastic community and forum team are always willing to lend a hand. Please bear in mind, you can manage your account from here. Your online account, will give you access to your bills, show your package details, diagnose any possible faults and monitor any orders and appointments you may have. 
Regards
Lee_R

impy1
On our wavelength

Have you heard anything yet please?

We would always require 30 days notice to cancel an account impy1, all of the option available to you will have been outlined in the correspondence received.

Rob

Hi

I just got the email announcing change in price rise strategy to annual RPI + 3.9%

My current promotional offer started 15th Feb 2023, and discounted until 15th Aug 2024.

A couple of questions.

The email states

"this 2023 price increase won't affect you until your current price offer ends. The full price of your package will then increase by £21.50 a month, subject to the new pricing terms referred to below."

So does this mean an increase compared to my discount rate.  OR that I'll get a double-whammy on August with a price increase due to loss of the discount plus another increase for £21.50 a month this year (and presumably whatever RPI+3.9% next year).  OOUCH !!

Until then am I protected from both price increases?  i.e. April 2023  and April 2024?

They also state.  "If the RPI is 0% or less, then your price will increase by 3.9%."

How, when the rest of the UK Retail prices is 0 is it fair for VM to award themselves 3.9%?

Also, even for that 3.9%.  Given that presumably prices of Virgin and other fixed and mobile operators are part of the basket of products the government uses to calculate RPI, then doesn't that mean we're getting charged twice for every RPI increase?  First the 3.9% for the year it applied, and then again when that increase we've already paid for filters it's way into the RPI used for next years calc?   IF we ignored perhaps price decreases in other products then 3.9 this year would become 7.8 next, 11.7 the next, and so on.

Or are Virgin and other telco operators excluded from the RPI calc so they don't get a licence to print money.

----------------------------------------------------------

2020 Tivo-scaling bug (nearly resolved)

Virgin-TV-V6 Video-Output-Settings

impy1
On our wavelength

Sounds like you are protected from a price rise during your contract,as for the rest nobody understands!

@crypticc wrote:

Hi

I just got the email announcing change in price rise strategy to annual RPI + 3.9%

My current promotional offer started 15th Feb 2023, and discounted until 15th Aug 2024.

A couple of questions.

The email states

"this 2023 price increase won't affect you until your current price offer ends. The full price of your package will then increase by £21.50 a month, subject to the new pricing terms referred to below."

So does this mean an increase compared to my discount rate.  OR that I'll get a double-whammy on August with a price increase due to loss of the discount plus another increase for £21.50 a month this year (and presumably whatever RPI+3.9% next year).  OOUCH !!

Until then am I protected from both price increases?  i.e. April 2023  and April 2024?

They also state.  "If the RPI is 0% or less, then your price will increase by 3.9%."

How, when the rest of the UK Retail prices is 0 is it fair for VM to award themselves 3.9%?

Also, even for that 3.9%.  Given that presumably prices of Virgin and other fixed and mobile operators are part of the basket of products the government uses to calculate RPI, then doesn't that mean we're getting charged twice for every RPI increase?  First the 3.9% for the year it applied, and then again when that increase we've already paid for filters it's way into the RPI used for next years calc?   IF we ignored perhaps price decreases in other products then 3.9 this year would become 7.8 next, 11.7 the next, and so on.

Or are Virgin and other telco operators excluded from the RPI calc so they don't get a licence to print money.

I read it as (using their words):

"The full price of your package will then increase by £21.50 a month"

so the FULL pre-discount price plus £21.50. It's not greatly worded - normally its the current package full price + price increase.