cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Price Rise of £15

MUFFINTAST1C
On our wavelength

Hello, 

So, I had the dreaded email that nobody wanted however it is not worded or defined very well. 

The contract I agreed on and VM last year was for 65£ now does the £15 planned to be added on mid contract or the end of the contract? If it's planned to be added mid contract doesn't that make it a breach of contract, but if I breached the contract I wouldn't here the last of it.

Could someone shed some light on when the price increase will actually be taken effect because according to the email when my offer ends in August..

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

newapollo
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Hi @MUFFINTAST1C 

If the email states that the price increase won't take effect until your current offer ends in August then that is when it will be applied.

For the majority of customers it will beb applied on either 1st April, or 1st May and the letter would have advised one of thsoe two dates if that where the case.

I haven't received this years email yet ( I do expect to receive mine on either 23rd Feb or 23rd May) which is my usual billing date.

In the past I've been on a fixed price deal until the end of my contract, and have received the same email as yourself. 

I had the same email last year as well and because I was on a fixed price mine didn't increase.

For anybody else reading this thread :=

Any discount that you’ve been offered for the 12/18 months will still be honoured – so if you accepted a fixed price then you’ll receive the fixed price until the end of the discount period.

If you accepted a £ or % amount off, this will also continue to be honoured but you will see your price increase from the 1st April or 1st May.

Dave
I don't work for Virgin Media.
I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge.
Problem solved? Click to mark as a Helpful Answer, or use Kudos to say thanks
The do's and don'ts.
Keep the community welcoming for all. Please read the FAQ's
The Service you do for others is the rent you pay for your room here on Earth - Muhammad Ali

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

9 REPLIES 9

newapollo
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Hi @MUFFINTAST1C 

If the email states that the price increase won't take effect until your current offer ends in August then that is when it will be applied.

For the majority of customers it will beb applied on either 1st April, or 1st May and the letter would have advised one of thsoe two dates if that where the case.

I haven't received this years email yet ( I do expect to receive mine on either 23rd Feb or 23rd May) which is my usual billing date.

In the past I've been on a fixed price deal until the end of my contract, and have received the same email as yourself. 

I had the same email last year as well and because I was on a fixed price mine didn't increase.

For anybody else reading this thread :=

Any discount that you’ve been offered for the 12/18 months will still be honoured – so if you accepted a fixed price then you’ll receive the fixed price until the end of the discount period.

If you accepted a £ or % amount off, this will also continue to be honoured but you will see your price increase from the 1st April or 1st May.

Dave
I don't work for Virgin Media.
I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge.
Problem solved? Click to mark as a Helpful Answer, or use Kudos to say thanks
The do's and don'ts.
Keep the community welcoming for all. Please read the FAQ's
The Service you do for others is the rent you pay for your room here on Earth - Muhammad Ali

Robert_P
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hello MUFFINTAST1C

Sorry to hear you're unhappy regarding the recent price rise correspondence you have received. We appreciate you raising this via the forums.

Although we aren't able to make any changes to packages via the forums we are here to offer as much advice as possible. You have received a personalised communication that will detail the specific change to your monthly charge. Price increases will vary as it will be specific to the services you have. Your individual price rise will be specific to the service you have. Overall, the average price rise is 13.8%. Some price changes will be lower and some customers will be excluded completely.

Customers will only receive one price change in 2023 for their cable services. As we have done in previous years, we are phasing our price rise across two months which ensures we can best serve customers during this period. As a business we are not immune to rising costs, primarily due to wider economic changes from rising inflation.  With rising customer usage we’re continuing to invest in our network and services to meet customer demand, as well as innovating and improving network performance and reliability to ensure our broadband service continues to deliver the fastest widely-available speeds in the UK.

Many of our customers who join us take promotional offers for a period of time which will be fully honoured. These customers will all receive a price rise communication but the 2023 price rise won’t be applied until after their offer price promotion ends. Their communication from us will explain this. 

Rob

My price increase of £12 on my £34 deal brings it to £48

That's a 41% increase!

I contacted you on live chat regarding this where i was offered the same package on a new 18month contract for.... wait for it.. £48

So no change in price just asking me if i want to be locked in longer, couldn't make it up. I've not proceeded to cancel, shame I was happy with my services but a 41% increase!

@ashscrivens1 wrote:

My price increase of £12 on my £34 deal brings it to £48

That's a 41% increase!

I contacted you on live chat regarding this where i was offered the same package on a new 18month contract for.... wait for it.. £48

So no change in price just asking me if i want to be locked in longer, couldn't make it up. I've not proceeded to cancel, shame I was happy with my services but a 41% increase!

Not just a price increase but a change in T&C's as well.

Beginning April 2024 price increases will be calculated yearly by:

• The RPI published in February that year PLUS an additional 3.9% on top
  • Calculated on your FULL package price not any discount/retention deal price

The exit contract term without penalty OfCom rule will no longer apply as the T&C's were changed to notify the formula used each year.

April price rise.

Morning can anybody answer my question as 7 different Virgin customer care agents in India, Phillipines and the UK cant, for some reason.

I entered into an 18 month Ultimate Volt bundle contract on 20/01/22 which ends on 19/07/2023. In my agreement I have several promotional offers which are shown on my bill and dated to end on !9/07/23 (end of my contract).

Recently I have received my email informing me that there will be an increase of £21.50 from the 1st May 2023.

In the email the paragraph below appears. My questions are.

1) Will the monthly price I pay to virgin stay the same until the end of my contract 19/07/2023 or will it increase by £21.50 on !st May 2023.

2) Where it states The full price of your package will then increase by £21.50 I assume that is only the Virgin side of the package as the O2 sim only side is increasing by 20% and is paid seperately.

However, this 2023 price increase won't affect you until your current price offer ends. The full price of your package will then increase by £21.50 a month, subject to the new pricing terms referred to below. If you'd like to check when your offer ends, please refer to your bill.

Hi @Herm280,

Thank you for your post and welcome to our community forums. We're here to help.

Customers will see their 2023 price changes from either the 1st April or 1st May billing cycle. This will be clearly explained in their letter.

Every customer will receive an individual price rise specific to them. If you wish to discuss your increase further, you can reach us online, by calling 150 from your Virgin Media landline, or 0345 454 1111 from any other phone.

Thanks,

Zach - Forum Team
New around here? To find out more about the Community Forums, take a look at our FAQs!

@Herm280 wrote:

April price rise.

Morning can anybody answer my question as 7 different Virgin customer care agents in India, Phillipines and the UK cant, for some reason.

I entered into an 18 month Ultimate Volt bundle contract on 20/01/22 which ends on 19/07/2023. In my agreement I have several promotional offers which are shown on my bill and dated to end on !9/07/23 (end of my contract).

Recently I have received my email informing me that there will be an increase of £21.50 from the 1st May 2023.

In the email the paragraph below appears. My questions are.

1) Will the monthly price I pay to virgin stay the same until the end of my contract 19/07/2023 or will it increase by £21.50 on !st May 2023.

2) Where it states The full price of your package will then increase by £21.50 I assume that is only the Virgin side of the package as the O2 sim only side is increasing by 20% and is paid seperately.

However, this 2023 price increase won't affect you until your current price offer ends. The full price of your package will then increase by £21.50 a month, subject to the new pricing terms referred to below. If you'd like to check when your offer ends, please refer to your bill.

So up by £21.50 at the end of your contract and whatever the full price for your package is at the end of the contract so billing from 19/07/2023 will be package full price non discounted PLUS £21.50. That was my interpretation of the wording you pasted and based on how historically VM apply them.

You are correct that the O2 side is different and that has it own price rise already sent out. THAT price rise will be this year and not end of your contract though. This is because the T&C's already has the RPI+3.9% in them when you took the O2 SIM out and you also can't escape penalty free UNLESS the SIM was ordered by VM as a VOLT labelled package at same time as VM services. If you got the SIM yourself and then VM applied VOLT to your VM services you can't OR if you have upgraded the SIM to a different O2 tariff from the original one agreed.

For info on O2 price rises this year (13.4% RPI + 3.9%) and an online calculator of what it means to your own O2 tariff see:

https://www.o2.co.uk/prices

Thanks Unisoft for the reply.

That's how I read it , that my Virgin monthly bill won't change until the end of my contract 19/07/23 and then it will go to full price plus £21.50 and then i can renogoiate another deal.

My O2 was ordered by VM as part of the deal so I can change or cancel my mobile package with O2 

It's a shame nobody at VM have any idea. As I said all 7 VM agents told me my bill was going up £21.50 on the 1st May.

Anyhow all sorted now cancelled O2 and staying at same price.

Hello Herm280

We're sorry to hear of the confusion caused by the recent price increases, we understand the confusion caused and you raising this via the forums.

You will receive a personalised communication that will detail the specific change to your monthly charge. Price increases will vary as it will be specific to the services you have. Your individual price rise will be specific to the service you have. Overall, the average price rise is 13.8%. Some price changes will be lower and some customers will be excluded completely.

Like many businesses, we’re experiencing rising costs due to inflation. We are not immune to rising costs, primarily due to wider economic changes from rising inflation. We’re seeing growing demand for data – with usage growing by more than 10% each year. Last year, we invested more than £2bn in our networks, which contributed to average broadband speeds increasing more than 40%, while helping to make sure our customers stayed connected and were able to keep using our services more and more.

We have recruited additional resource for when customers want to get in touch. You are able to call us on 150 from your Virgin Media home phone or 0345 454 1111. You can also chat to us online via our website.

Rob