cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Price Rise Letter

VspecAl
On our wavelength

I haven’t received my price rise letter and no email. Where I can check to see if this is going to happen to me although I assume it is.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Dial 150 from your home phone line, options 1,1,1,4,4 for thinking of leaving.

call between 8-9 am and you should get straight through to the uk call center and they should help

They will be able to confirm any changes and if your not happy you can haggle a better deal or cancel

Good Luck

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

8 REPLIES 8

newapollo
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Hi @VspecAl 

The price rise/cancellation letters/emails are being sent out in phases so as not to overload the agents workload too much and help people get through quicker.

The price rises don't take effect until either April 1st, or May 1st, so there's a very good chance you haven't been sent any correspondence yet.

Check your spam/junk folders in just in case you've had an email from VM advising of price increases and it's been routed there.

Also log into MY Virgin Media > Account Settings > Account Details > Contact Details > Email address 

Check that it is up to date, if not you should change the email address.

You should also add VM to your "safe list" to ensure that any email from VM goes to your inbox and not your spam/junk folder

Dave
I don't work for Virgin Media.
I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge.
Problem solved? Click to mark as a Helpful Answer, or use Kudos to say thanks
The do's and don'ts.
Keep the community welcoming for all. Please read the FAQ's
The Service you do for others is the rent you pay for your room here on Earth - Muhammad Ali

VspecAl
On our wavelength

Surely you access any correspondence in your online account but where is it, I have searched but can’t find

Hey VspecAl, thank you for reaching out today. You will receive a personalised communication that will detail the specific change to your monthly charge. Price increases will vary as it will be specific to the service(s) you have.

Your individual price rise will be specific to the service you have. Overall, the average price rise is 13.8%. Some price changes will be lower and some customers will be excluded completely. Thanks 

Matt - Forum Team

New around here?

Yes that’s all ok but everyone around here who is on virgin have received letters

we did not have any post here for a while so I think mine is lost

i need to get it resent ASAP or get confirmation that it hasn’t been sent

i have looked though my account online and you must be able to see what you have sent to me but the interface is so old that correspondence is not there

can you get the letter resent please 

best regards 

Dial 150 from your home phone line, options 1,1,1,4,4 for thinking of leaving.

call between 8-9 am and you should get straight through to the uk call center and they should help

They will be able to confirm any changes and if your not happy you can haggle a better deal or cancel

Good Luck

Every customer will receive an individual price rise specific to them. If you wish to discuss your increase further, you can reach us online (virg.in/contactvm), by calling 150 from your Virgin Media landline, or 0345 454 1111 from any other phone. Thanks 

Matt - Forum Team

New around here?

Hi can anyone clarify if we're still in contract till November does this affect myself? 

Graham_A
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

@randombeats wrote:

Hi can anyone clarify if we're still in contract till November does this affect myself? 

Virgin Media contacts don't have an end date.  Most VM contracts have a minimum term during which discounts apply. Once the discount period ends the contract continues on a rolling 30 day basis at the undiscounted price.  If you are on one of these deals then the price increase will apply from the date stated in the price increase letter/email.

Some deals do have a fixed price for the minimum period.  If you are on one of those the price rise will only kick in when the minimum term expires.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media, I'm a VM customer. There are no guarantees that my advice will work. Please read the FAQs
Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks