cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Price Increase and incorrect info from Retentions?

andyads74
On our wavelength

Received my yearly price increase letter - increase of £21.50 on Utimate Volt currently paying £82 (plus £25 o2 sim) so 26% price increase - my contact runs out in August.

Rang Retentions to negotiate and although on my letter it says in bold 'However, this 2023 price increase won't affect you until your current price offer ends' the Retentions person was adamant that my increase will be from 1st May.

I'm assuming that this is rubbish?

What with the 3.9% plus inflation and not being able to cancel from next year, seriously considering cancelling now.

3 REPLIES 3

sdrahcir
On our wavelength

I'm glad I'm not the only one who found that the customer service agents don't seem to know what they are talking about! Just posted about it myself.

Out of interest, did they tell you that you could avoid the increase of £21.50 if you took out a new contract for 18 months?

I did ask what the best price for my current package would be for a new contarct, and after a few minutes on hold, was told they could apply a £17 discount (so still more than my current payment) - so not really what I asked.

I said I'm considering cancelling, will have a look at alternative providers, and then ring back.

Having gone through this every year for several years, you can tell pretty quickly if the Retentions person you are speaking to are on the ball, so hopefully I'll get more joy when I try again.

Although not being able to cancel form 2024 is a big concern - don't want a large increase for a reasonable length of time that you can't get out of.

Hi andyads74, thanks for the message and sorry to hear that you are having a price increase. 

This will take affect from May. 

You do have the option to cancel the service in the price increase period of that is what you choose to do. 

Kind regards, Chris.