cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Price Increase Email Misleading?

Trucker08
Joining in

Just seeing if anyone can clarify the Price Increase email I have received.

Currently Paying £47 p/m until 09/08/23 when contract comes to an end and all discounts finish.  Full price should be £88

current price offer ends = 09/08/23 as confirmed by Virgin media retentions web chat.

Price increase Email received states:

Our prices are increasing from 1st May 2023. Plus, we're making some changes to our services and pricing terms.

However, this 2023 price increase won't affect you until your current price offer ends. The full price of your package will then increase by £15.00 a month, subject to the new pricing terms referred to below. If you'd like to check when your offer ends, please refer to your bill.

The way I read it is, My current monthly Price will stay at £47 until the end of my contact 09/08/23 at which point the monthly price will increase to £103 (£88 + £15 price increase no discounts)

Yet Virgin media retentions web chat says My monthly cost will go up to £62 from 1st May 23

Am I correct in the way I read the email and is Virgin media webchat lying or am I reading the email wrong somehow and If that is the case then the email received is misleading.

Thanks

3 REPLIES 3

Zoie_P
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi @Trucker08,

Thank you for your post, I am sorry for any confusion on this.

As advised the price increase will be applied after your contract date ends. 

Zoie

Hi,

Thanks for the reply. 🙂

So to confirm with what you have said I will continue paying £47 until 09/08/23?  If that is the case then why did the person on web chat tell me my monthly price will increase on the 1st May to £62?.

I'm sorry to hear that this happened @Trucker08 the package should not change until after your contract ends per the letter you received, however I would be happy to double check this with you via a PM just to make sure. 

I will pop you a PM across now, please keep an eye out for the purple envelope in the top right corner of your screen alerting you to a new message.