cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Price Increas

MDR_
Joining in

Having difficulty contacting VM re announced price increase.  Quoted £15 increase is 20% increase !!  Inflation is 11%.  All I want to do is change my package on the Television.  Somebody please do this !!!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

newapollo
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Hi @MDR_ 

I'm afraid that the forum team can't process regrades but it might be a good idea to speak to either the sales team or retentions (thinking of leaving) and see what price you can negotiate. 

Retentions (thinking of leaving us) are generally based in the UK, and have a greater degree of knowledge and flexibility, along with a larger range of discounts than the front line agents.

It's 150 from a Virgin landline or mobile, or 0345 454 1111 from any other phone, but best to call at 8am when lines first open to avoid call queues

You can also text VM on 0753 305 1809 or speak to the team on WhatsApp on 0730 532 7112 which can take 4 to 6 hours. Although at present these two contact methods can take up to 24 hours due to the price rise emails. Phone calls always take priority.

Dave
I don't work for Virgin Media.
I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge.
Problem solved? Click to mark as a Helpful Answer, or use Kudos to say thanks
The do's and don'ts.
Keep the community welcoming for all. Please read the FAQ's
The Service you do for others is the rent you pay for your room here on Earth - Muhammad Ali

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

4 REPLIES 4

newapollo
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Hi @MDR_ 

I'm afraid that the forum team can't process regrades but it might be a good idea to speak to either the sales team or retentions (thinking of leaving) and see what price you can negotiate. 

Retentions (thinking of leaving us) are generally based in the UK, and have a greater degree of knowledge and flexibility, along with a larger range of discounts than the front line agents.

It's 150 from a Virgin landline or mobile, or 0345 454 1111 from any other phone, but best to call at 8am when lines first open to avoid call queues

You can also text VM on 0753 305 1809 or speak to the team on WhatsApp on 0730 532 7112 which can take 4 to 6 hours. Although at present these two contact methods can take up to 24 hours due to the price rise emails. Phone calls always take priority.

Dave
I don't work for Virgin Media.
I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge.
Problem solved? Click to mark as a Helpful Answer, or use Kudos to say thanks
The do's and don'ts.
Keep the community welcoming for all. Please read the FAQ's
The Service you do for others is the rent you pay for your room here on Earth - Muhammad Ali

Absolutely disgusting when your in mid contract 🤬🤬🤬 think I might leave now and I don’t like the new subscription where they can increase it whenever they like.

——————————————— My Broadband Ping - Virgin 500mb Home Connection

MDR_
Joining in

All sorted in negotiating new package with ref to price increase.  Took  a while, but well worth making contact (please be patient), and customer services will work with you to get the best deal possible.

@MDR_ wrote:

All sorted in negotiating new package with ref to price increase.  Took  a while, but well worth making contact (please be patient), and customer services will work with you to get the best deal possible.

1. Be aware, that your negotiated contract will state "DISCOUNT" somewhere on it - this means no exemption from next year's increase despite any oral indication.

2. You'll lose the right to exit penalty free in 2024 and beyond if in a contract minimum period as T&C's changed as of now

3. The price increase is calculated on FULL package prices not a discounted rate and from April 2024 will be calculated the RPI figure published in February each year plus an additional 3.9% on top. This can lead to hefty increases year on year with no exit clause until you see out your contract term.

4. If you just renegotiated because of price increase 2023, you still have up to 14 days cooling off period to cancel or change package services again.

5. Other ISP's do NOT necessarily have a yearly increase, in particular a number of ALTNETS.