cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Pre-contract miss sold?

srslater23
Joining in

Hello.

I was cold called by a VM representative this afternoon explaining an upgrade I am entitled to. I listened and then explained that I might be interested and to send me some details of the upgrade. 

Around 30 mins later a pre-contract email and SMS landed dated today, and that on the surface looks like I have agreed to a new package when I have not.

Please can someone assist. This is misrepresentation and I’m very unhappy.

12 REPLIES 12

-tony-
Alessandro Volta

@Carley_S wrote:

Thank you for confirming @srslater23 

If you have not accepted these then nothing with change on the account and you will remain on the same package. You would need to physically agree to these communications for anything to be actioned on the account. 

Please let us know if you are having any further issues or have any questions at all. We'll be here to help on the community forums if needed :). 

is that true - you are making a statement on behalf of VM so it must be or you make out it must be but how many times have we read on here that packages and bills are changed after a conversation between a customer and a sales agent - usually offshore - they do exactly as they want regardless of whats said or agreed

Tony.
Sacked VIP

Hi @-tony- 

I appreciate your concerns for the customer on this issue, as you have seen examples of customers saying that contracts and packages have been put through when a customer has not first agreed. Customers will need to agree on contracts before these can be actioned on the account, and I have checked the systems at our side and can confirm with the customer via private message if they need. 

Thank you for your continued support through the community forums 🙂

Here to help 🙂
Virgin Media Forums Agent
Carley

unisoft
Well-informed

@srslater23 wrote:

Hello.

I was cold called by a VM representative this afternoon explaining an upgrade I am entitled to. I listened and then explained that I might be interested and to send me some details of the upgrade. 

Around 30 mins later a pre-contract email and SMS landed dated today, and that on the surface looks like I have agreed to a new package when I have not.

Please can someone assist. This is misrepresentation and I’m very unhappy.

Do consider making Ofcom aware of the issue faced with VM by filling in their monitoring form here: Tell Ofcom