cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Power of Attorney for my mother's account

hils49
Tuning in

Hi there

I need some advice regarding an ongoing issue.  I have sent a copy of the power of attorney I have for my mother's finances to Virgin Executive Team at Virgin Media, all 15 pages of it.  I have received a letter stating they need to see the 'full document', have no idea what this means as it is not specific enough.  So it looks like I need to write back and ask which will take days.  I gave them all the pages I have basically as a copy. (Cannot send the original incase they do not send it back).

Her bank accepted this, so not sure what the issue is.  I need to be able to manage her account for her as she has Alzheimers.  Why are they making this so difficult and who can I speak to without going through all the security checks?  As I live 80 miles away so cannot just go and speak with her in the room and she gets upset with that kind of thing too.

Hope someone can clarify this and also how can I escalate it as have tried twice now to register the POA with Virgin Media and not getting the service I need.

Thank you so much for any relevant guidance.

H

2 REPLIES 2

Adri_G
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi hils49, thanks for posting on our help forum with your issue.

We're sorry to hear of this problem with regards to your power of attorney process and the confusion caused by this request to provide another more complete copy of the proof, we always strive to keep safe hold of the account information therefore the policy in place can be stiff. 
Please have a read here in regard (last paragraph), apologies for the inconvenience caused.

Has our executive team provided an email to send this over or have you previously contacted us over the phone to get more information and updates on this matter?

Please, let us know of the above and we're happy to assist further with this.

Adri
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs

newapollo
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Hi @hils49 

You may find the following useful - taken from https://www.virginmedia.com/help/accessibility

Power of attorney

If you need to tell us that you have given power of attorney to a friend or family member, or if you are the friend or family member of someone who has given you power of attorney, you can let us know by sending a copy of the official power of attorney document to us via post or email. Alternatively, you can contact us by phone, Text Relay or Video Relay as depending on the type of power of attorney you have been granted we may be able to validate your status immediately.

Our postal* address is:
Virgin Media Concord House Chief Executive Team Concord Business Park Threapwood Road Wythenshawe Manchester M22 0EY

Our email address is ExecutiveTeam@virginmedia.co.uk but make sure that the document is attached as a PDF file. We will also require your full name, the account number you’re taking over, account details and a covering note.

*We recommend that you send us the original documents to us using a recorded delivery. We will return the documents to you once we have received them and we’ll send a confirmation letter to you within 48 hours, though it may take a few days to arrive.

The following post may also help (not just with VM, but also other companies)

Forum-Archive/How-to-register-an-account-for-Lasting-Power-of-Attorney 

Dave
I don't work for Virgin Media.
I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge.
Problem solved? Click to mark as a Helpful Answer, or use Kudos to say thanks
The do's and don'ts.
Keep the community welcoming for all. Please read the FAQ's
The Service you do for others is the rent you pay for your room here on Earth - Muhammad Ali