cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Possible to delay cancellation?

Klonez
On our wavelength

Good afternoon,

We will be moving home later this month and due to some newfound issues at the property, we will have to delay our moveout date. I have already given my 30 days notice to Virgin, due to end on the 23rd of February.

I work from home and attend online classes for university the same way and my new accommodation comes with WIFI included so there wouldn't have been any disruption but now my move date has been pushed back a week from the 22nd to the 1st of March so I face the prospect of no internet at all during that time.

Given I have already given my notice, is it possible to ask Virgin Media to delay it by 5 days or so? Would I have to pay pro-rata for the 5 days I use or will there be some kind of fee to pay?

I look forward to hearing from you, many thanks!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Paul_DN
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi Klonez,

Thanks for joining me in a private chat and for clearing security, I can confirm your account will stay on until the date we agreed, if you have any further issues and the move is pushed back again please reach back out, and we will be happy to help further.

Regards

Paul.

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

15 REPLIES 15

gary_dexter
Alessandro Volta
Not likely especially if a final bill etc. has been issued

If you think my answer has helped - please provide me with a Kudos rating and mark as Helpful Answer!!
I do not work for Virgin Media - all opinions expressed are of my own and all answers are provided from my own and past experiences.
Office 365, Dynamics CRM and Cloud Computing Jedi

Okay, do you think it is worth a call to ask or is that always the case?

Hi Klonez,
Thank you for reaching out to us in our community and welcome, when you move and cancel the services a final bill is generated once the disconnection has gone through, if you were to extend the disconnection by 1 week this would just be added to the final bill, I was able to view your services on our system with the details we have for you, this is something we can help you with, so I can, I will send you an invite into a private chat, once received please click on the purple envelope to accept.

Regards

Paul.

Paul_DN
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi Klonez,

Thanks for joining me in a private chat and for clearing security, I can confirm your account will stay on until the date we agreed, if you have any further issues and the move is pushed back again please reach back out, and we will be happy to help further.

Regards

Paul.

Hi there 

I’m in the same position and my disconnection is tomorrow. Would like to delay this but can’t get through on the phone. Is this something you can help me with please? 

Hi AB199,

Thank you for reaching out to us in our community and welcome, I will be happy to help, I will send you an invite into a private chat, once received please click on the purple envelope to accept.

Regards

Paul.

Hi Paul, I was disconnected yesterday as my partner is taking over the package but her installation (scheduled today) has been delayed by 5-7 days ... she received a text this morning - the morning of the delivery! I wouldn't mind yodel text her last night with a 2 hour delivery slot today!

Please can I be reconnected for 5-7 days until the new installation arrives or is there anything you can do to speed the cancelled installation up?

Thanks 

Adri_G
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi there JakeCoombs, thanks for posting on our help forum today.

We're sorry to hear of this delay in installing your service on the new account whilst the disconnection of the old one has been completed since yesterday.
We understand how frustrating in can be not having broadband access in our times as many people work from home currently.

We'd love to help out with this, could you please let us know what services you'd like to reconnect for this one week's time?
Is it only broadband you need for the time being?
Also, could you advise if you still have the original equipment in the property or did you send this back to us?
Lastly, just to get things right: did you speak with movers team or cancellations originally to get this account disconnected in the first place, if you can recall this? 
And what's the new account info, is it same address but different account name the one due to be installed next week?

Let us know of the above and we're happy to best assist with this.

Adri
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs

Hi Adri,

The movers team have reconnected me for 5-7 days but I have 2 orange arrows flashing on my hub box and no Internet or TV channels - I have tried resetting the modem and the TV box but nothing happens ... how long does it take? I was reconnected at 11am.

Thanks