cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Possible scam

Erin-kenny
Joining in

Hi there, I recently signed up for virgin broadband through a site called broadband choices, I’m now worried incase I’ve been scammed, they have sent me an email from this address (webteam@virginmedia.co.uk) I’ve had no money taken from my account, and no further contact, can someone please help me !!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Christy_D
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi @Erin-kenny 

I'll check this for you to make sure the order has gone through.

I have popped you a private message as i'll need to take some details

Thanks

Christy

Here to help! I'm a technician helping out whilst working from home. Find out more

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

8 REPLIES 8

Christy_D
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi @Erin-kenny 

I'll check this for you to make sure the order has gone through.

I have popped you a private message as i'll need to take some details

Thanks

Christy

Here to help! I'm a technician helping out whilst working from home. Find out more

Steven_L
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hey @Erin-kenny,

Welcome to the community and thanks for your first post.

I'm sorry to hear of the problems that you're having with your order, has @Christy_D been able to get this checked out for you?

Regards

Steven_L

Christy_D
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Good Morning @Steven_L 

It was all legit and this customers order has been loaded fine through the link he used. Nothing to worry about.

Thanks

Christy

That's all good, thanks @Christy_D 🙂

Regards

Steven_L

Hi there

Would someone also be able to check my order is legit. I'm trying to place one for broadband, but want to check it was all legitimate before passing over any bank details. I had the same concern as the person on this thread.  

My summary email came from webteam@virginmedia.co.uk as I did it on the phone with someone called Kassim on 0333 343 3329 - I noticed the email was from a .co.uk web address rather than a .com one and it just worried me. 

thanks

Katie_WT
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi there @Cwaters

Welcome to our Community and thanks so much for  your first ever post; we do hope to welcome you to our Virgin Media family soon too 🙂 I can confirm that the email address you have provided is correct - the majority of our email address are .co.uk actually. 

The number is for one of our sales team - I have checked our system and tested the number also. 

Hope that puts your mind at ease - please don't hesitate to pop back if you have any further questions and we'll be more than happy to help you out!

Katie - Forum Team

Hi Katie

That's great, thank you for confirming so quickly and for the welcome. I've got the other welcome emails with my account number on them too, so feeling much more comfortable.  

Kind regards

Chris 

Katie_WT
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

You are more than welcome Chris (@Cwaters)

Hope your installation/self-install goes well; if you need any help with anything or have any questions you should have no issues getting the answers you need on our Community forums! We have threads and boards for almost any question you can think of!

If you feel overwhelmed by all the information available, just start at our Getting Started section and go from there!

Cheers!

Katie - Forum Team