Menu
Highlighted
Audreyryman
Just joined
Message 1 of 2
Flag for a moderator

Poor customer service

I have just spent one and half hours trying to cancel my account with virgin media.  Waited 20 minutes for my call to be answered, went through all data security questions even though i had been asked to respond initially by tapping on my phone.  Why bother asking if you going to ask me again.  Then was told i would have to be put through to cancellation team.  Another wait of approximately 25 minutes.  Asked to repeat my security questions to be told i would need to be transferred yet again to another team.  Back on hold for another 25 minutes.  By this time i was becoming frustrated and angry.  Finally get through to cancellation deoartment where im asked to repeat the security questions.  Argh i felt like i was in a virtual reality world.  Would i be able yo get out sane?  Asked to explain why im leaving to which i said i own flat and resident leaving.  Can they have forwarding address i respond no.  Round and round we go.  My account is set up at my home address and i receive all my account letters to this address.  Suddenly with no warning im put on hold listening to music for another 20 minutes.  Argh.  Finally success.  My account is cancelled.  Well i hope it is.  Lets wait to see.  

0 Kudos
Netty2
Just joined
Message 2 of 2
Flag for a moderator

Re: Poor customer service

I have been trying to do the same, first all I tried to see if I could reduce the package but it was a no go. I asked to cancel so I was transferred to the cancellations team and low and behold they are shut!! The hours are 8am to 10pm but I rang at 9.11pm ....  I can only assume they forgot to put which country they are referring the hours apply to as it wasn't on the message.

Keep your fingers crossed as I try again tomorrow....

0 Kudos