cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Poor customer service and billing issue

itzme1
Tuning in

I have been facing broadband issues for last few months, despite of making several complaints, the issue remains unresolved. My contract was coming to an end, so I decided not to continue with Virgin Media any more. Even though I was a very loyal customer so far (being with them for last 11 years).

I am now shocked to see that my bill has gone up without any agreement. It's been 3 days now since I have been trying to get hold of the customer care team but even after holding for hours there is no luck to get connected. I can't pay the increased bill that needs to be rectified immediately. Please can someone from Virgin media action this.

For your information - this is not the first time when I am receiving a higher bill infact this billing issue has been going on for last few months and every month I have to spend hours to get hold of the customer care team to amend the bill. It's really very frustrating.

Please can the bill be amended immediately.

Thanks 

16 REPLIES 16

japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

First up, what were the issues you were having with your broadband? It may be that you can get some help with those if you explain.

Second.. you say you "decided not to continue with Virgin Media any more" - fine, but did you give notice to disconnect? Because if not, your promotional discounts would have dropped off and your package has reverted to the standard price - this is probably the reason for your bill increasing.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

Thanks for your message.

My broadband speed should be 100mbps but I get 10 - 18 mpbs all the time.

Yes, I have already given the one month's notice and it was agreed that the bill will remain the same until I switch, so I don't know the reason of bill increase.

Natalie_L
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi itzme1, 

Welcome to the community and thank you for posting. 

I am very sorry to hear you have been experiencing issues with your billing and broadband service, we are here to help. 

Firstly, with the broadband speed, can you please confirm if this was tested on a wired or wireless connection?

With your price increasing, this would suggest that a promotional discount has come to an end. Can you please check your statement for both this month and last month and see if there are any differences to your package?

Please do let us know what you find. 

Thanks, 

Nat

Hi Nat,

I have been calling the customer care team regarding the billing issues for last 3 months, every month I am getting a higher bill without the agreement and then they are reducing the amount by applying some discounts / credit.

It was agreed that until 12/07/22 - when my contract comes to an end. I would be paying £33 / per month for the current service / bundle.

But I was shocked to see that on 23 June my bill had gone up by £21.60, this is ridiculous.

Just to discuss the issue I have been trying to get in touch with the customer care team but no luck. Can anyone please resolve this issue urgently.

My account number is  [MOD EDIT: PERSONAL INFORMATION REMOVED] area reference 24, please can someone call me to resolve the issue.

For broadband the speed limit should be 100mbps -  Earlier, on wireless connection I would get at least 45 - 50mbps, but now for last 6 months the speeds has slowed down to 10mbs to 18mbs. Please see the screen shot below.  It's really very frustrating and complete waste of time to keep chasing the customer care team for hours and getting no response. Failing to get any answer from customer care team, I had no option left but to write on this community forum. Hope my bill can be revised to £33.00 as already agreed. 

itzme1_0-1656758345623.png

Best Regards

[MOD EDIT: Personal and private information has been removed from this post. Please do not post personal or private information in your public posts. Please review the Forum Guidelines]

japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Let's see if we can't make some progress with your broadband issues...

1: Let's get all your modem stats.. Goto to http://192.168.0.1 (or http://192.168.100.1 - if in modem mode) but don't log in. Click on "router status", and copy & paste the data from each of the tabs.

2: If you haven't already, please setup a Broadband Quality Monitor and post a link to your live graph. It monitors your connection 24/7 and provides excellent diagnosis of any underlying issues

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Thank you, will try 

newapollo
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

@itzme1 wrote:

It was agreed that until 12/07/22 - when my contract comes to an end. I would be paying £33 / per month for the current service / bundle.

But I was shocked to see that on 23 June my bill had gone up by £21.60, this is ridiculous.

Hi @itzme1 

Looking at the dates you've provided it does suggest that your current discounts have ended. 

VM bill a month in advance so check the dates for the billing period.

For example, my billing date is 2st June, however it shows that I am billed for the next period which covers 19 June - 18 July

Dave
I don't work for Virgin Media.
I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge.
Problem solved? Click to mark as a Helpful Answer, or use Kudos to say thanks
The do's and don'ts.
Keep the community welcoming for all. Please read the FAQ's
The Service you do for others is the rent you pay for your room here on Earth - Muhammad Ali

Hi Dave,

Billing period is 19June to 18th July and the higher bill is not acceptable. When I have already agreed an amount with the customer care team after making several calls. I have already given a notice of a month to switch and I can't  afford to pay any higher amount without an agreement.

Please can the bill be revised.

Thanks

japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

So is the increased bill, due to your time-limited discounts expiring? It does sound like it.

If you've given cancellation notice already, then the full-price period covered by this bill will be refunded after your disconnection & final bill.