cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Poor Service Following Bearevment

larzoapso
On our wavelength

Just wanted to say how appalled I am with the bearevment service from Virginmedia.  Despite the lady who spoke very calmly and offered her condolences her actual ability to offer any kind of practical help was a joke.  My mother in law lost her husband who had a contract with VM at about £75 per month so my wife rang to get her mother sorted with just basic broadband, basic TV and phone.  The current package was 100Meg, TV with Sport and Ev/We calls at £75.  They said they could transfer the account over to her name BUT refused to offer her the same price as a new customer.  She is a new customer!  She has not had a contract with VM !  They said the best price they could do was £53 and this was with a reduced speed of 50 (from 100) and sport taken off.  I looked on VM's site and the price for new customers is £33 and that is on 200 speed !  This is just blatant overcharging of a grieving pensioner.  My mother in law didn't like to make a fuss and accepted it but I was angry.  Why should she pay £20 more a month for a reduced service than a new customer when her late husband was loyal to VM for years ?

This is appalling and VM should be ashamed !

4 REPLIES 4

Zach_R
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi @larzoapso,

Thank you for your post and welcome back to our community forums. We're here to help.

My deepest condolences for your mother-in-law and the rest of the family, and I'm very sorry to hear you didn't have a great experience recently with the team. I'm keen to get things looked into and get things resolved, as such I'm going to send you a private message in a few moments so we can take some additional details.

Please respond to this when you can and we'll proceed from there.

Thanks,

Zach - Forum Team
New around here? To find out more about the Community Forums, take a look at our FAQs!

larzoapso
On our wavelength

Wasted time replying to the Forum mod going through a ton of security only for them to say they can't help and to call customer services.  Why bother getting involved to then say there's nothing you can do.  VM has truly hit an all time low for customer service.  We urgently need some competitors to give us some more choices for our cable services.

Hi @larzoapso,

I do apologise for any inconvenience and upset caused. If you follow the steps and advice provided via private message, we can proceed from there in assisting you further.

Thanks,

Zach - Forum Team
New around here? To find out more about the Community Forums, take a look at our FAQs!

larzoapso
On our wavelength

I did and you referred me to customer services because I got one security question wrong (out of the many you asked for) without telling me which one !  You then say I should follow the instructions in your PM which I have!  The ball is in your court not mine!