cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Please check line cord error message

sharding80
Joining in

I am trying to help my elderly parents whose phone suddenly says ' please check line cord' and does not work. I have checked forums, unplugged it etc but to no affect.  Do we need an engineer to visit or can this be resolved remotely by Virgin please? Thanks in advance

3 REPLIES 3

Daniel_Et
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi @sharding80 👋 Thank you for your post and welcome to the Virgin Media Community 😀

We're really sorry to hear about the problem your parents are experiencing 😔

Do you happen to know whether they've received any contact regarding the switchover to our new ultrafast Fibre landline service? More information on this can be found here

If they haven't, it could well be a fault. Advice on how to fix some of the most common issues can be found here

Please pop back to us at your earliest convenience and we'll do our very best to help you.

Regards,
Daniel

Hi..we tested the phone with a neighbour and all good.  So engineer now booked. Cheers

Reece_MH
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi sharding80 👋

Thank you for providing an update on this. I'm glad to hear you've bene able to book a Technician to assist in getting this resolved. Please do let us know how the visit goes, and we'll be happy to help further, if needed.

Cheers,

Reece - Forum Team

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our FAQ