cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Placed in arrears - not returning equipment

JosephC89
Tuning in

Hi, 

Looking for some help as I have been on the phone with customer service for around 40 minutes being told there is nothing they can do. 

I have just been informed by our credit agency that we will be negatively impacted due to an account in arrears - Virgin Media. The charge is due to non returned equipment - £65 for the router. 

We requested for the account to be closed via phone in late January, with a confirmed last date of 2nd February, we were told to send the equipment back via post. Since then, I have requested a few more times for the box to be sent so we can return the equipment, which has never been sent. 

Since then, I have booked in for collection in person which is now scheduled for the 10th March. However, it has now put me in arrears, which is showing up negatively on my credit report. The Virgin Media customer service team have confirmed to me on the phone that once the equipment has been returned, there will be no negative impact on my credit report and everything will return to normal. They will however, not put this in writing. 

Can someone please help me figure out how to have this removed and challenge it with Virgin Media and Equifax and Experian? I just want to give the equipment back and have it removed, which I have been trying to do for the last six weeks. Unfortunately it now looks as though this will negatively impact my score longer term, which has been completely out of my control. 

If anyone from the Virgin team sees this, please can you advise what I can do? I really want the negative impact off of my report - it wouldn't have been there in the first place if the returns box had been sent as I have been requesting numerous times on the phone. I also do not believe what your customer service team on the phone are saying that there will be no negative impact to my score once the equipment has been returned.

Thanks, Joe

2 REPLIES 2

Martin_N
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi JosephC89,

Thank you for your post. I'm very sorry to hear about the overdue amount on the account. 

We can certainly take a look into the account and see what the most recent update is and advise from there. 

I will private message you now. 

^Martin

Hi,

This has not yet been rectified, the equipment is due to be collected today. 

Your last email to me said you would be in touch yesterday to confirm the collection and I haven't heard anything through from you.

For anyone else interested in this, the position from Virgin is that my credit rating will take a hit and that I simply have to wait and see what happens when they then have their equipment back. 

Therefore, they have now put us in the position where we've gone into arrears (won't do anything to sort this until they get their equipment back), but won't send the returns box, and haven't confirmed collection today which has been booked in for weeks. 

I just want the equipment taken away from us or tell us how to get it back to you so that we never have to deal with Virgin again. Can you please help so that we can get it sorted asap