cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Phoning security password

Alicat26uk99
Joining in

Hi,

My parents are moving and I'm trying to close their account, which isnt proving easy as we can't get passed security as they can't remember passwords. Is there any way to reset it online? It's the password over the phone, not to log into their account.

Thanks in advance

3 REPLIES 3

newapollo
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Hi @Alicat26uk99 

To help jog their memory the security password is actually the memorable word that was set up on the account  when first opened and should be in the  original documentation.

It is usually something along the lines of mothers maiden name, place of birth, name of first school, favourite song or band, favourite food or name of your first pet.

They can speak to customer support to help with this. When calling if they don't input any characters from the memorable word then an agent should pick up the phone and ask other account related questions to validate them as the account holder.

Have the latest bill handy to help answer the questions.  The agents will also be able to update the memorable word for them providing they pass verification, if not they can send a reminder through the post.

A member of the Forum Team may pick this up in a day or two and be able to help, but will still need the same type of information.

Dave
I don't work for Virgin Media.
I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge.
Problem solved? Click to mark as a Helpful Answer, or use Kudos to say thanks
The do's and don'ts.
Keep the community welcoming for all. Please read the FAQ's
The Service you do for others is the rent you pay for your room here on Earth - Muhammad Ali

Gareth_L
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hello Alicat26uk99.

Thanks for your first post and welcome to our Community.

Sorry to hear about the memorable word and the issues you are facing.

Ideally on our Forums we can pass security another way.

Let me send you a private message to get the account details.

Then we can send out the Memorable word to the account holder.

Sadly on here we are not able to action disconnections.

If you can check the purple envelope top right of your screen that would be great. 
Regards     
Gareth_L

Gareth_L
Forum Team
Forum Team

Thanks Alicat26uk99 for those details.

Just glad we have been able to get this resolved by alternative security questions and you don't need to call us anymore.

Gareth_L